DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is my new Mini 2 drone and battery too hot?

Shortstuff

Reactions
I've only had my Mini 2 for a few days and noticed since day 1 that the drone/battery area gets very warm/hot in use, also while transferring photos from drone to iPhone. I've measured temps as high as 138.2°f and average temps between 125° and 130°. Is this normal?

I've only had my Mini 2 for a few days and noticed since day 1 that the drone/battery area gets very warm/hot in use, also while transferring photos from drone to iPhone. I've measured temps as high as 138.2°f and average temps between 125° and 130°. Is this normal?
Batteries get pretty warm, but not so hot that you can't touch them. As for transferring files, you need to either put the drone on a AC Vent or box fan or something. Best if you get a Lightning port SDCard reader and transfer that way. The drone isn't meant to be powered up unless flying normally. Setting in place will cause it to get very warm and most probably will cause damage.

Reactions: Yeunglings
You are definitely best off transferring your photos and videos off of the card and not through the drone. It's designed to keep itself in, or at least near, operating temperatures while flying because its almost entirerly a passive cooling system. Same goes for charging the battery. Although you can do both in drone you are best off doing them outside of it. If neither are an option then make sure to have a focused airflow over drone to keep it cool.

Reactions: DJayI

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851