DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Oklahoma really OK?

This is more of a response to animal liberation groups harassing farmers they use drones and it pisses off the property owners. Responsible drone operators are going to lose some freedoms because of these groups.

Yes, and it should be a losing battle for them. The problem lies in the fact, some dumba$$ lawyer will take up the challenge to the FAA and tie it up in court for a long time, getting rich from their money, thusly driving legit drones to sit and wait.
No, it’s not a fun game. I just wish folks would realize the ruling on AirSpace and learn there are thousands of responsible pilots out there.

Reactions: Zappuppy
Yes, and it should be a losing battle for them. The problem lies in the fact, some dumba$$ lawyer will take up the challenge to the FAA and tie it up in court for a long time, getting rich from their money, thusly driving legit drones to sit and wait.
No, it’s not a fun game. I just wish folks would realize the ruling on AirSpace and learn there are thousands of responsible pilots out there.
I agree for the most part, but there are some valid points made on the other side of the bill, trailer and equipment theft is a very big problem in Oklahoma,
I also agree with the 250 foot AGL law simply because there is less chance of panicking livestock into stampede.
Cattle can and will run through a fence so will horses causing very serious injury and property damage.
Key words responsible drone pilots...
A responsible pilot would talk to the land owners and maybe even offer them pictures

Don't know that I would go with a 250 AGL or not, but absolutely agree the wildlife/livestock needs to be protected. This again is perhaps why a friendly courtesy visit to Farmer Jones' abode may be warranted. If one really wishes to fly over a farm/ranch/personal property (in absolute rural settings as an example), drone pilot courtesy and a howdy doo can go a loooong way!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98