DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is or isn't mavic supposed to fly straight in crosswind?

Quanmeister

Reactions
So I'm asking if the Mavic is supposed to correct for crosswind by itself or if i need to be pushing right stick forward and slightly to the left or right to compensate for the crosswind component. I've had my Mavic for a week now and can't figure out if this is a defect or by design (the fact that it won't compensate).

Almost all my shots that are done in windy conditions is seen with a diagonal flight path.
When i hit return to home though, it seems to be flying perfectly straight.

I flew a P3 two years ago and I can't remember it having the same "problem"

It's supposed to fly straight but some Mavics tend to track to one side or the other.
I cannot remember what the solution was but if you search the forum you will find other posts on the topic.

Rob

It's supposed to fly straight but some Mavics tend to track to one side or the other.
I cannot remember what the solution was but if you search the forum you will find other posts on the topic.

Rob

I've been searching all over the internet and found no solutions, just others complaining about the same issue.
Usual suggestions are to calibrate everything, which I've done. Except for the controller which i can't complete. The app wont recognize some inputs during calibrations (android)
I have however cheked the logs and my stick input is perfectly straight.

Surely thats going to depend on the wind speed. If its too high the thing wont be able to put enough power into not drifting

Surely thats going to depend on the wind speed. If its too high the thing wont be able to put enough power into not drifting

Yes that's true but one can only assume that he is not flying in winds that high.

Rob

I am having the same problem with my Mavic Pro! just got the drone like the first week of July and have been trying to figure it out all week. My guess is that it's the firm ware, could be wrong though. Need help.

Recalibrate your IMU. Its calibration determines what is straight and what is not. To remove all doubts, calibrate it on an absolutely dead level surface. Use a bubble level to determine this. It does matter...

Reactions: Wt3786
In any significant crosswind you will actually have to fly the Mavic and give stick inputs to adjust for the crosswind.

Thanks for tips. Because of other issues aswell I am now waitng for a replacement drone.

I did do several imu cal. during my one week with this mavic, even though both imu's was in the green.

I am having the same problem with my Mavic Pro! just got the drone like the first week of July and have been trying to figure it out all week. My guess is that it's the firm ware, could be wrong though. Need help.

I'll let you know how my replacement is behaving

Have you ever flown a quadcopter before? Are you sure the issues are not related to your flying skills?

Did you even read the whole post?
First of all i don't know, and thats why i asked if it's supposed to compensate for the crosswind by itself or not, which it seems like it is supposed to do. Second, i flew a p3 two years back and can't remember it behaving in the same way. (Like i stated in the initial post)

What i do know is that it's not because of unwanted sidestick movement. I've checked the logs and it says 0% to both side. Just forward stick.

You have to use some stick input to counter a strong crosswind. Just part of flying.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329