DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the drone model and/or camera captured in meta or exif files? I have 10 drones and a few thousand videos I’m trying to sort videos by drone model.

DroneGuy5750

Reactions
Is the drone model and/or camera captured in meta or exif files? I have 10 drones and a few thousand videos I’m trying to sort videos by drone model.

The camera model is captured in photo metadata, I do not remember if it is capture in video metadata. In addition the .txt flight log records when the drone is shooting video and photos.
I do not remember if the metadata records camera serial numbers, if not then you might struggle where you have two drones of the same model.
Do you have the csv's from each .txt flight log?
What drones do you have?
With some DJI drones, Go & Go4 using drones and the Mavic Mini ( prior to app version 1.2.2? ) you can process the txt flight logs en masse using the appropriate [TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter and Windows command-line one liner. For the remainder of the FLY app using drones you'd need to use Phantomhelp.
If you can program then you could come up with a script that would scan those csv's and output when and where each drone shot imagery.

Don't know about drone model (doubtful), but camera is in exif

It has just occurred to me, I think Airdata shows thumbnails of imagery 'recorded' in the txt log. but it would get tedious uploading the logs to a freebie account and then deleting them etc. etc. etc..

Reactions: DroneGuy5750
Yes the drone/camera is shown. The following is from my Air 2s. Notice it doesn't say Air 2s but FC3411. Each drone has a different identifier.
1694177628987.png

If you don't mind me asking, what exif viewer do you prefer?
I really don't have a preference. Usually, I'll just right-click on an image within Windows Explorer and select "properties". The screenshot I posted a moment ago was within Windows's Photo Application with "info" selected.

I really don't have a preference. Usually, I'll just right-click on an image within Windows Explorer and select "properties". The screenshot I posted a moment ago was within Windows's Photo Application with "info" selected.
Thanks, appreciate that. The reason I asked - @Meta4 mentioned one that he uses in a post a while back and I neglected to make note of the name of it.... it's very detailed. The screenshot you posted looked a bit like the screenshot he posted and I thought it might be the same app.

Reactions: Meta4
Yes the drone/camera is shown. The following is from my Air 2s. Notice it doesn't say Air 2s but FC3411. Each drone has a different identifier.
View attachment 167954
Although the OP mentioned Exif, it sounds like he's really wanting to identify the drone used for video he has shot.
Exif is the metadata for stills and won't help him with video.
If you don't mind me asking, what exif viewer do you prefer?
If you are looking for a good one, check out Picture Information Extractor

The camera model number is listed in the exif data, but to help out: here's a partial list of older drone camera model numbers - nothing for the AIR series though.

SPARK

FC1102 Spark

INSPIRE SERIES

FC350 X3
FC350H X3 OSMO+
FC550 X5
FC550RAW X5RAW
FC6510 X4S
FC6520 X5S
FC6540 X7

MAVIC SERIES

FC220 Mavic Pro
FC2204 Mavic 2 Zoom
L1D-20c Mavic 2 Pro
L2D-20c Mavic 3
FC3582 Mini 3 Pro

PHANTOM SERIES

FC200 Phantom 2 Vision
FC300C Phantom 3
FC300XW Phantom 3 Adv
FC300S Phantom 3 Pro
FC300SE Phantom 3 Pro v.2
FC300X Phantom 3 4K
FC330 Phantom 4
FC6310 Phantom 4 Pro

OSMO & OSMO POCKET

FC350Z OSMO+ zoom
HG310 OSMO pocket

Probably not too much use to you, but it might fill a gap in someone else's database.

Last edited:
The camera model number is listed in the exif data, but to help out: here's a partial list of older drone camera model numbers - nothing for the AIR series though.

SPARK

FC1102 Spark

INSPIRE SERIES

FC350 X3
FC350H X3 OSMO+
FC550 X5
FC550RAW X5RAW
FC6510 X4S
FC6520 X5S
FC6540 X7

MAVIC SERIES

FC220 Mavic Pro
FC2204 Mavic 2 Zoom
L1D-20c Mavic 2 Pro
L2D-20c Mavic 3
FC3582 Mini 3 Pro

PHANTOM SERIES

FC200 Phantom 2 Vision
FC300C Phantom 3
FC300XW Phantom 3 Adv
FC300S Phantom 3 Pro
FC300SE Phantom 3 Pro v.2
FC300X Phantom 3 4K
FC330 Phantom 4
FC6310 Phantom 4 Pro

OSMO & OSMO POCKET

FC350Z OSMO+ zoom
HG310 OSMO pocket

Probably not too much use to you, but it might fill a gap in someone else's database.
Thanks, this is the kind of information that I was looking for. After a deeper dive into my Air series drones, I’ll let you know if I have any definitive data about those drones/cameras. Thanks again guys! I appreciate the help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1