DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the M2P the reason ??

owg666

Reactions
Looking at the Phantom 4 Pro prices lately. Some as low as $850-$900 on eBay for new condition. Could it be the M2P and the looming release of the Phantom 5 ?? At these prices I might consider picking one up to add to my fleet.

I havent seen one for that cheap brand new on eBay. Most are refurbs. That is a good price, but remember there is a P4P V2 now, so the V1 prices are dropping because it has been discontinued.

Im not sure about the effect M2 has on the P4P. I much prefer any Mavic over a Phantom.

Looking at the Phantom 4 Pro prices lately. Some as low as $850-$900 on eBay for new condition. Could it be the M2P and the looming release of the Phantom 5 ?? At these prices I might consider picking one up to add to my fleet.

M2 series. The m2 package, portability and capabilities are just too good and the phantom platform is clunky and unless radically redesigned just has only a limited market.

While the video quality of the P4pro may be slightly better than the Mavic 2 pro, the clunky form factor, and lack of portability makes it far less desirable. The MP 2 pro is more than good enough for 95%++ of video enthusiast.

Reactions: NorthGADronePilot
While the video quality of the P4pro may be slightly better than the Mavic 2 pro, the clunky form factor, and lack of portability makes it far less desirable. The MP 2 pro is more than good enough for 95%++ of video enthusiast.

Very, very well said. How DJI sells ANY of these Phantom models any more is completely beyond me. It's like choosing to haul around a desktop PC instead of a laptop -- makes no sense.

well....slightly...unfortunately is clearly better
Mavic wins on portability, maybe mavic 3 will be on par with phantom image quality

You're not likely to get an answer from Dji. I'm speculating that what we have now is all we'll get out of this model and I suspect the Phantom 5 will make full use of the the exact same sensor and lens. The features and performance of Dji's drones are primarily driven by their marketing department and not the physical capabilities of the craft. Subway Surfers Psiphon Hill Climb Racing

Last edited:
well....slightly...unfortunately is clearly better
Mavic wins on portability, maybe mavic 3 will be on par with phantom image quality

No, it's really not. "Clearly better" is a gross overstatement. It's marginally better, and less than 5% of enthusiasts would ever notice any demonstrable difference. Let's face it, the Phantom series just needs to GO AWAY so DJI can focus even more of its attention on the Mavic and Inspire series.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki