DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IS THE MA2 considered better than the OG Mavic pro

You have to compare all factors that matter to you here.

Yes, I'd say it'll take as good or better video, and it should take way better photos.
Yes, it should have better signal connection, not that the M1P is lacking there too much.
Yes, it should handle wind nearly as good, or the same.

It doesn't support some things like DJI goggles, or SC or crystal sky (?) yet, it could / should later ?

I'm not a fan of the Fly app
Or the new clunky controller design, if you really like flying with a larger device like a mini 4 etc, then you will have to wait for aftermarket mounts.

I like the way the new DJI consumer drones are heading, not some of the background support or accessories.

Reactions: LLAIN
DJI Go4 is much better than DJI Fly.

Plus to use DJI Fly you'll need a 64bit device

One opinion is wait until there are a number of them actually being used by real customers who have experience with the drones that they are being compared with.

That of course depends on your needs.

If the MP is working for you now and you can wait there will be a Mavic Pro 3 at some point.
IMHO you're absolutely correct. Very satisfied with my MP1, which has done the business for me on trips to Indonesia, Palau, New Guinea and South Africa. As for the MA2 I have queries as to whether it would be able in the future to link with my Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses since it utilises the DJI Fly App but the glasses are supported by DJI Go4. Also I like to occasionally use an 8" tablet as a backup and in case anybody wants to look over my shoulder to view the image from the drone's camera (can't do that with the Moverios) and I understand the MA2 controller won't accept an 8" tablet. So will wait to see what comes out in the wash with the MP3. If it cuts the mustard in increased features, particularly increased flight time and as long as I can also use my Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses with it, I'd seriously consider it.

Last edited:
No screen in the controller, a poor app compared to Go4 and overall, no third party apps like Litchi and no possibily for modding either firmware or application.
I own one of the first Mavic Pro produced (and also 2 Phantom 3) and I am not very hot for changing.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Yes. For all the reasons that matter to me, the Air 2 bests the original Pro. Bigger image sensor, 4k 60 video, longer flight time, active track upgrades, better collision avoidance, smaller, lighter. The original Pro was a great bird for it's time and I loved mine. But it's been four years and the march of progress continues.

No screen in the controller, a poor app compared to Go4 and overall, no third party apps like Litchi and no possibily for modding either firmware or application.
I own one of the first Mavic Pro produced (and also 2 Phantom 3) and I am not very hot for changing.

Get use to the missing screen on the controller, my money says this controller will be with the next MP3.

Reviewers have been pleasantly surprised with the Fly app. I suspect the Go4 will be divested of in the future too, although with added features. Have you used Fly or just making a comment?

Litchi often has to wait to develop for a new drone. Has it ever worked on Launch Day?

The MA2 does not meet the standards that the EU intended to apply midsummer, now delayed until the end of the year, This is worth taking into consideration as you might want to fly in the EU.

The MA2 does not meet the standards that the EU intended to apply midsummer, now delayed until the end of the year, This is worth taking into consideration as you might want to fly in the EU.
Same thing with the MP...

Same thing with the MP...
True but if I was to upgrade I would wait until the new C cert. models were available which should not be too long. I also believe that the UK will adopt the same regulations for drones as the EU.

I loved my MP1 but I decided after the release of the MA2, it was time to let her go. I just sold on CL and pulled the trigger on the MA2 since it checks all my boxes [emoji106]

Not a poor app it is a new app that will get improved over time...

I loved my MP1 but I decided after the release of the MA2, it was time to let her go. I just sold on CL and pulled the trigger on the MA2 since it checks all my boxes [emoji106]

I did the same thing. Posted my mavic pro on Thursday of last week and it was gone on Saturday.I ordered the ma2 and it’s going to be here on Friday.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre