DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a battery issue if you fly mavic above 1400 meters?

Pointbob

Reactions
Not sure if I read this correctly on another forum but apparently if you fly modded mavic on stock dji battery it returns home when higher then 1400m?

Not sure if I read this correctly on another forum but apparently if you fly modded mavic on stock dji battery it returns home when higher then 1400m?

Nope, I’ve been up around 3,000m and the only problem was the battery was running down as they do when used :))

You can use vacuum basin to trick drone gps it will think it is higher than it is.

Or you can just mod the parameters...
How do you mod the parameters? I keep mine at 500m & have gone several times to the max 1,643' when safe to do so in certain areas. If you could give the steps.

Apparently not... just spent 3 weeks in Argentina and Bolivia flying between 3600 and 5500 meters (see the videos here) and never had a single battery problem.
Plenty of problems with a brown/magenta dominant that seems to augment the higher I shoot, but that is another story.

How do you mod the parameters? I keep mine at 500m & have gone several times to the max 1,643' when safe to do so in certain areas. If you could give the steps.
It is quite a long story but if you look it up on Youtube, there is a dude doing videos how to that and with what tools. Mine was modded when on older firmware .700 and using assistant 1.2.12 i gues. I am not sure it is possible to mod if you use latest fw due to goggles etc. So... Try googling it out. Fingers crossed ;)

Just found out there is a new vid out from that guy that does those vids on modding (YouTube: /watch?v=OOsTc0HKTCw). I am gonna by checking the new Dumldore soon. It allows to downgrade, unlock and then update firmware to get all those new flight modes and Panos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13