DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a leg extension for Mavic Pro 1, that will fit while storing the drone?

Flygmaskin

Reactions
Hi guys!

Just as the title, have any of you seen some kind of leg extenders/landing gear for the Mavic Pro 1 that lets you keep them attached to the AC while folding the arms?

I got two different versions as it is today, some Polar Pro thing, with two front leg extenders that just slides on, And another version whith two front extenders that slides on to the front legs, and two for the back arms, that clips on to the arm itself (kinda hard fit, will probably scratch the plastic, and also feels uncomfortable as I have to use kind of hard force to get them on, so I don't use them).

Another version also slides on to the front legs, and then a rear clip that hooks on to the stock rear landing "legs" (imho way to small, I want the bird to be seated much higher while on the ground).

I use leg extender 95% of the time, making sure to get the bird farther away from debris and grass, but this add to the setup time, and while installing/uninstalling them constantly, something might eventually get damaged or nicked.

So I'm looking for something kind of like this, for the Mavic Pro 2. Which allows folding and storing the Mavic while not having to remove them.

Grateful for any tips!

For the MP1 the most practical extenders I have found are the simplest and cheapest - silicone. When I bought mine they were about a dollar per set ordered from China. They slide on or off in seconds.

Carolina Dronz offers a heavy duty mat. Much heavier and sturdier than the little thin ones that grass with hold up off the ground. This will push the grass down. And no worry about debris. Just throw this down. Takes seconds. And is large enough for most drones. Can use it with an I2 and Matrice. Comes with a carrying handle. And competitively priced with the thin ones.

20190825_222948.jpg

Thank you for your replies!

The extenders I have don't take that long to slide/clip on, but they must be retrieved from the bag, installed, then uninstalled, stored in the bag..

I guess I have too good of a life, complaining about this issue.. :p

@Tacohillman Looks like a solid and good mat! I sometimes use a common door mat, with heavy rubber underneath it, sometimes my car mat. Works like a charm! But as you said, heavy and sturdy.. I am already packing heavy. Mavic + 5 batteries, Spark + 3 batteries, Tello + batteries and controller, Goggles, launching mat, power banks, phones and whatnot.. All of this in one bag, and I still insist on trekking through dense forests and hills..

If anyone sees this thread and knows about some foldable landing gear that can be left on, please don't hesitate to post!

Fly safe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan