DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way to adjust EV spacing in bracketing mode?

dmcgrew

Reactions
Just wondering if you guys know of a way to adjust the EV spacing between shots when using bracketing mode. Right now the 3 shot is at 0.7 spacing. Anyone know if the 5 shot goes further than 0.7? Would be ideal if I could do 3 shots that are -1.5, 0, and +1.5.

Reactions: Texas Bluebonnet
No

I have asked DJI in several tech calls and emails. I agree bracketing should allow a great range than -1.34 to +1.34. 1 stop brackets would be great. Same issue on Phantom. It’s a issue that could easily be addressed in firmware.

Paul C

Reactions: mereflyer
I think the photos in 5 AEB have the same 0.7 spacing between them so you gain some additional dynamic range compared to 3 photo AEB.

I thought there was still a bug with AEB images where by the first two images have the same exposure and the EXIF data is messed up.

None I know of. AEB 5 shot work for me on any DJI drone that supports it. Only issue is lack of range of exposure-1.34 to +1.34. Need to be greater. Works the same on android iOS.

Paul C

Reactions: BigAl07
None I know of. AEB 5 shot work for me on any DJI drone that supports it. Only issue is lack of range of exposure-1.34 to +1.34. Need to be greater. Works the same on android iOS.

Paul C

Looks like some are having an issue, this was posted over on the DJI forum against the new firmware released yesterday.

A timely announcement; I was about to ask: does the Mavic 2 (with this or earlier update) fix the photography issues that the Mavic Pro has? I am thinking of upgrading but there is little point if the fundamental problems are still there.

Specifically:
Automatic exposure for spherical panoramas (which I use almost every flight) is badly broken; it over-exposes by 2 stops if one starts the sequence facing North, or by one stop if one starts with the camera pointing at the ground. Using manual to workaround involves guesswork from the above, at least one test exposure, several setup steps and then undoing the settings after taking the panorama. All of this rapidly eats up flight time.

Exposure bracketing (3 exposure) takes 3 photos but the first two have the same exposure.

Similarly, 5-exposure bracketing takes 5 photos but two have the same exposure.

The EXIF information (shutter speeds) recorded while exposure bracketing are nonsense .. brighter images show shorter exposure times.

Are these problems fixed in the Mavic 2?

It is a shame on DJI that such a advanced piece of technology is so half baked in many ways.

They get them out and then move on to new products without finishing the programing and coding to complete the product to the full potential we would expect.

Just wondering if you guys know of a way to adjust the EV spacing between shots when using bracketing mode. Right now the 3 shot is at 0.7 spacing. Anyone know if the 5 shot goes further than 0.7? Would be ideal if I could do 3 shots that are -1.5, 0, and +1.5.

To be honest I just do this manually. Doesn’t but a second to scroll the wheel and less time then going in and changing to ABS anyway

still no fix?
With my MA, 5 expo AEB picture's shutter speed is different, but when i see shorter shutterspeed image is brighter, and where shutter is longer, image is darker. WTF?
I cannot make hdr photos with such a bug..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost