DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way?

mazev

Reactions
Hi, I bought the MM CE version and am a little disappointed with the scope and interference of the video. Is there any way to achieve a little more? Phone settings - no wifi and data or will there be a difference? As I understand the FCC mods do not work with fake gps. I'm sorry if it's difficult to use a translator

Reactions: Capt KO
use in airplane mode improves definitely the distance.
also the FCC hack works on the CE version, but it is for 5.8ghz connection, so if you are on auto and it connects to 2.4 ghz channe; you will not see big difference...if you select a 5.8 channel manually with the FCC hack you might double, or even more, the default 500 meters. Though in manual mode if channel gets polluted you might experience drops in connection earlier.

Thanks for the info, by the way fake gps, after discovering 11 channels, quickly resets my region and becomes 13 again in Europe

Thanks for the info, by the way fake gps, after discovering 11 channels, quickly resets my region and becomes 13 again in Europe
you have to disable gps location if you are switching off the fake gps app...go to airplane mode right after you get the change of the region and the 11 channels

Last edited:
I'm indoors, catching 11 channels, putting my phone in airplane mode, and as soon as it goes out, the drone resets the region and again 13 channels.
Somehow a drone like catching a good gps region resets itself. I don't see the problem with the phone when in airplane mode.

1583765614109.png

Last edited:
when it resets, could you list the steps you take and when the reset happens? if you switch off the drone and switch it on it will reset...Is that your issue? the only way to avoid that and not do every time the steps for the fcc hack is to connect drone and remote first, start drone motors and then connect remote to phone.

I'm indoors and everything works out without stopping the drone coming out and it resets itself. When I try the procedure outdoors it does not work and every time I see 13 channels. Without shutting down anything when outdoors, it resets. When I do the procedure indoors and type 11 channels, I put my phone in airplane mode and go out. Even before takeoff, it resets and returns to 13 channels.

If it works, will it be able to go home in the event of a connection loss,
after showing through fake gps I'm in usa?

1583769179914.png

Last edited:
I'm indoors and everything works out without stopping the drone coming out and it resets itself. When I try the procedure outdoors it does not work and every time I see 13 channels. Without shutting down anything when outdoors, it resets. When I do the procedure indoors and type 11 channels, I put my phone in airplane mode and go out. Even before takeoff, it resets and returns to 13 channels.

If it works, will it be able to go home in the event of a connection loss?
yes, drone sets home point independently of the phone gps location.
it seems like you don't follow exact steps or miss something, for me it also happened a couple of times. you have to restart fake gps app, also probably dji fly and try again in case it doesn't work. and if you go out it should not reset in case you don't power off the drone or remote. also make sure you disable fake gps and gps after it works.

Reactions: gregory1mc
It does stay on FCC mode if you do it correctly.
I'm am not certain if it makes that much difference though. I will have to do more range tests with and with out it activated

what is the right way? I suppose a lot of people are struggling like me and the whole procedure will be useful

and when it comes out, it grabs a gps and resets the region with the latest software. What did I try

Last edited:
Looks like you're doing most of the stuff just fine, as you have results indoors. Therefore, the only issue is that your mini is pretty quick to realize that he's not in the U.S. when he gets a glimpse of the GPS.

You have two options to prevent that.

1. Turn on the drone. Turn on the controller and wait for the pair. As soon as it connects, execute a CSC (pull both sticks down and towards opposite corners). The motors will start to spin. Connect your phone and bring up the app. Wait for sufficient satellites and let her loose. If a window pops up about the incompatibility of transmitting power, just click ok and continue - they won't change. The FCC/CE settings cannot change mid-flight as it's a risk, so by spinning the motors, you prevent the MM from switching, even if he finds it necessary.

2. Construct an armor of aluminum foil that covers the whole top of MM and its sides (with grooves cut for arms). It will shield any GPS signal effectively, so you can proceed with your normal preparation routine. Once you're ready, take the aluminum armor off and spin the motors straight after.

Enjoy the FCC hack and fly safe!

Reactions: m80116
Is it a problem if it didn't load the card on the down left? because if I'm in airplane mode there's no way. Or, after starting the engines, will I have to wait for the map to load before I can get into airplane mode?

If it stuck to 2.4 at engine startup I can't change it to 5.8

1583836172203.png

Is it a problem if it didn't load the card on the down left? because if I'm in airplane mode there's no way. Or, after starting the engines, will I have to wait for the map to load before I can get into airplane mode?

If it stuck to 2.4 at engine startup I can't change it to 5.8

View attachment 96269
you are totally confusing with those posts...here are the steps

FCC hack steps:
first time
1. fake gps - set US location
2. start RC and AC
3. connect phone with usb cable after drone connected to RC
4. launch DJI fly
5. disconnect the usb cable before shutting down RC
reuse
1. turn on RC and drone without usb cable connection
2. start drone motors
3. connect usb cable
4. at end of flight after landing and shutting down motors disconnect usb cable
5. power off RC

here is in bulgarian, if you follow the steps. it should work, sometimes it resets so in that case you have to do it from beginning:

1. отваряш fake gps - избираш локация в щатите
2. стартираш контролера и дрона
3. свързваш с кабела телефона с контролера
4. стартираш приложението на тел.
5. преди да изключиш контролера, изключваш кабела от контролера!
при активиран вече хак, стъпки на стартиране. за да не го изгубиш
1. стартираш контролера и дрона без да свързваш тел
2. стартираш моторите на дрона от контролера
3.свързваш тел с контролера, чрез кабела
4. когато приключиш с полета първо кацаш и когато моторите се изключат, изключваш първо кабела от контролера и тогава изключваш конторлера!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato