DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there some kind of Anti-Drone Raygun in use already?

GS40

Reactions
Sometimes when I hover in same place for ages with full LOS; my signal can go from full to dead, all it takes is some
small maneuvering for it to return.

It's as if someone from the Police station I'm hovering above is using a Anti-drone device.
It's happened in Mission row And Bolingbroke, so they would have to be in widespread use.

Dont tell me you can use something simple method like a laser pointer to mess with Drone

...Don't tell me you can use something simple method like a laser pointer to mess with Drone
The best way to protect yourself from anti-drone ray-guns :eek: is to fully wrap your drone in heavy-duty (!) aluminum foil. Make sure the foil covers everything but the gimbal and the motors. Then apply at least two coats of black Plastidip, but make sure to not get any of that in the motors or gimbal. Finally, wrap the whole thing in a second layer of heavy-duty foil. (It's the layering that does the trick, you see.) You can Plastidip that, too, if you want, but it doesn't matter.

Then, whenever you want to fly, you first put the shielded drone in a microwave for 30 seconds. This 'energizes' the space between the aluminum shields, creating a barrier to ray-guns of all kinds, including anti-drone type. (Never microwave an unshielded drone, it will void the warranty! PS: You can use a similar manufacturing technique for an anti-alien-mind-control helmet, also guaranteed to work, but don't energize it while it's on your head! o_O)

But ... ray-guns do not exist. They don't. The only thing you have to worry about is harassing the police; that will not end well for you.

Last edited:
OK, I did all that, but i Get Magnetic Interference when i try to start it up. The last 10 seconds in the microwave made some
weird noise too.
I'll finish read your post after i try flying it

It's as if someone from the Police station I'm hovering above is using a Anti-drone device.
It's happened in Mission row And Bolingbroke, so they would have to be in widespread use.
An anti-drone device is about the least likely explanation for losing signal.
It's not happening.

OK, I did all that, but i Get Magnetic Interference when i try to start it up. The last 10 seconds in the microwave made some
weird noise too.
I'll finish read your post after i try flying it
The mag. interference is probably induced by a direct hit from the ray. They really have you dialled in, man. Try launching somewhere else; elevation helps, so find a train trestle if you can.
About the microwave, yeah, I should have told you. First time I did this, I fried my old microwave. I had to get a more powerful one that isn't as affected by feedback from the drone shield. It's worth it.

I just ordered a Tikad with Grenade launcher. Told them I was Swiss.
If it makes it through customs, I will make 4 to 5 stars no problem before they take me down

0:00 - 1:22

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Being we know what type of thread this is I am moving it to OT till it gets to crazy then will close it .

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
ms-A7sdjb.gif

Reactions: BigAl07

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52