DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there some sort of probation period regarding new posts?

Auggie

Reactions
I just noticed that my recent posts (replies) now await moderator approval, but my intial posts (new and replies) didn't need that.

Is there some probation period for new members, or was there some post that I made that now warrants moderator approval for all my posts?

Curious...

Just long enough to reduce the spam load. I don't remember, it was a long time ago.

Reactions: A.O.
I just noticed that my recent posts (replies) now await moderator approval, but my intial posts (new and replies) didn't need that.

Is there some probation period for new members, or was there some post that I made that now warrants moderator approval for all my posts?

Curious...
@dirkclod would have that answer

Reactions: dirkclod
There is Akismet filtering put in place to catch many words or phrases and if it finds something in your post it goes to the queue for staff approval. It is then evaluated and edited or removed. At times editing will trigger the filter. It is nothing to worry about and just helps the staff do their job (all volunteer by the way) without being overloaded by having to review every post manually. The filtering helps keep the forum in a more socially acceptable format for the most part.

There is Akismet filtering put in place to catch many words or phrases and if it finds something in your post it goes to the queue for staff approval. It is then evaluated and edited or removed. At times editing will trigger the filter. It is nothing to worry about and just helps the staff do their job (all volunteer by the way) without being overloaded by having to review every post manually. The filtering helps keep the forum in a more socially acceptable format for the most part.

Yet they don't filter ME out
71.gif

Curious...

Your 2nd post had some terms that got flagged in our SPAM filters which means it had to wait on Moderator Approval. I think the term was PITA or something similar.

Auggie, have you sent in your $50 replying fee yet? :p

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Put that in your pita (?) and munch it! ?

For school lunch, while everybody else brought peanut butter and jelly on white bread, Mom always sent me with a pita pocket, a piece of lunch meat, a piece of cheese and a tub of sweet relish. I'd crumble up the cheese, shred the meat, stuff this in with some relish.

"Tentoes eats weird sandwiches," the other kids said, but before long they were asking their mom's for pita!

Just posted anonymously - now posting logged in. Curious if that makes a difference. Other is in cyber jail, this one came through immediately.

Just posted anonymously - now posting logged in. Curious if that makes a difference. Other is in cyber jail,
Care to explain that..in cyber jail ?

Just posted anonymously - now posting logged in. Curious if that makes a difference. Other is in cyber jail, this one came through immediately.

Care to elaborate?

We do not have "anonymous" accounts here.

There are no "Pending Posts" waiting to be approved (aka cyber jail).

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB