DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this amount of pan judder normal?

PandaCheese

Reactions
Could use some expert eyes to judge whether my MPP's camera/gimbal has too much pan-induced judder. I shot a video of a slow pan (360 degree in about 1:05 min) in 1080@30fps in auto (so shutter was between 120-240ish). The judder is most visible starting around the 35s mark when panning over some apartments on a hill. Please watch video in full size to see clearly.

I know there has been innumerable threads on this topic but is there something that shows what an unprocessed pan shot should look like on known good hardware?

The judder is most visible starting around the 35s mark when panning over some apartments on a hill. Please watch video in full size to see clearly.

I don't see it, even at full size/resolution. Perhaps the issue is with your playback device or Internet connection not being able to keep up with the video playback, rather than in the video file itself.

Yea seem normal to me, but by no means am I and expert

There is some judder, but I think that's to be expected at that rate of rotation ... Are you set in Tripod mode for that rotation? A bit slower and I think you'd be a smooth as silk!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000