DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this battery dead.

HorseshoeJohn

Reactions
The day I've been dreading finally happened. Crashed my Air 1 into a lamp post about 8 or 9 feet up. Complete pilot error as I did not allow sufficient braking distance for speed I was flying at. AC dropped 8 or 9 feet and landed upside down on a footpath with motors still running and front arms folded back. Took me a second or two to unclench my cheeks and stop the motors. The only damage appears to be very superficial scratches on the AC and badly scuffed props. Unfolded the front arms and restarted the motors and was very relieved when she flew as normal, camera, gimbal, forward and backward sensors, all functioned properly. I did get recalibrate downward sensor message and it did recalibrate with my PC at home.

MY problem now is battery on charger is flashing LED 4 twice per sec = temp too low to charge, however the other 2 batteries charge without a problem. I'm assuming the temperature sensor in the battery has been damaged in the crash. It will turn on showing 3 LEDs, but then turn itself off again almost immediately.

Is this battery dead or 'just resting' (Monty Python reference for the young ones).

I've attached the flight log and yes I know I was too close to the road, but this is a quiet village with few people about and hardly any traffic due to the bypass road.

Flight record below to confirm my guilt.

Cyborg, the battery is resting in an ammo box at the moment. Can't be too careful. Definitely will not be nailing it down!!. Explosions and chemical fires scare the willies out of me. We had enough of those in the 'troubles' here.

As I recall the 'Norwegian Blues' were very rare and hard to breed. I always thought the australian wine sketch never got the credit it deserved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest