DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this laptop a good idea?

Motomike117

Reactions
So apparently I stepped on someone else's toes by throwing this into their thread about laptops. So my deepest apologies and condolences. I come from a Motocross and street bike background where we help the new people instead of start some kind of Internet territorial grudge over a thread. Anyway LOL. I have a mini SE and about to upgrade to an air 2S. FedEx lost my laptop and won't take responsibility, but it wouldn't have worked with editing like this anyway. I'm wondering if this laptop would be a good idea for when I turn my hobby into a business, considering if I can find an hour or two in to get my pubg or whatever in, I take it... I start my first digital media technology classes on Monday now that I've finished my core classes or at least most of them LOL. Oh and also, do I need a 4k monitor on my laptop to edit 4K video?

Reactions: Gagey52
So apparently I stepped on someone else's toes by throwing this into their thread about laptops. So my deepest apologies and condolences. I come from a Motocross and street bike background where we help the new people instead of start some kind of Internet territorial grudge over a thread. Anyway LOL. I have a mini SE and about to upgrade to an air 2S. FedEx lost my laptop and won't take responsibility, but it wouldn't have worked with editing like this anyway. I'm wondering if this laptop would be a good idea for when I turn my hobby into a business, considering if I can find an hour or two in to get my pubg or whatever in, I take it... I start my first digital media technology classes on Monday now that I've finished my core classes or at least most of them LOL. Oh and also, do I need a 4k monitor on my laptop to edit 4K video?

You don't need a 4K screen for editing in 4K, though it is nice to view the quality of an image or video. I have a Lenovo Yoga with such a screen and it is great. One thing to bear in mind that no one told me about a 4K screen though. You will get very small text along the edges and drop down menus of programmes such as Photoshop etc., compared to the view size of the fonts in a normal screen. There will be nothing you can do to enlarge the font either, when using a 4K screen. You will just have to live with it or use glasses to magnify the font, if need be. It is a real pain sometimes but I now just live with it.

BTW, there is nothing in your post to find out what laptop you are talking about, no link showing to anywhere. Therefore, we have no idea what laptop you are speaking of.

Thanks ya'll. I'll probably get something with a screen a step down from 4K (whatever that is, lol). 1080P? And just link to my 4k smart tv untill I get further down the road and can set up a 3 monitor setup. I'm still just learning basic photography (shutter speed, aperture, iso, bracketing, etc.) in my first non-core class. I'll check out MSI dude. This is so overwhelming because there are so many factors and options to choose from... Most def appreciate you guys helping me get started. I have an old friend who got a bachelors in photography from Art Institute of Atlanta so I can probably hit him up if I have a question here and there. Also a few old friends in real estate that maybe I can do some sample videos for and see what they think about using them for their properties. I had a few drinks back when I made these threads so sorry about making several similar threads. I just wanna make sure I don't drop 2K and then learn I got ripped off... Good thing is, I can fly a drone like I've been doing it for years(probly from my RC background). I just need to learn photography essentials and editing skills. Then learn how to market it. I know we're talking years here, but I'm tired of wasting my life doing jobs that I dread waking up to in the morning for.

You don't need a 4k display to edit 4k but it is a nice to have. I have had 2 MSI laptops and they have been great. If you plan on doing serious editing you should upgrade the Ram to the max

DJI_0051.JPG
here's one I took of my apt. complex before Iearned that my firehouse arc xl put me overweight. Im getting registered and part 107 licensed next month when my semester ends.

I'm wondering if this laptop would be a good idea for when I turn my hobby into a business,
It's still in the details... Which haven't arrived yet...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike