DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this Mavic Pro noise normal?

Interesting. That's likely an earlier build. I got mine just this week as a brand new unit from Best Buy, and it was manufactured September, 2017. So hm.

Not going to worry about it. Even if a motor is whirring like that for one second when it shouldn't, it would likely take a LOT of doing that to break anything.

Pure conjecture, of course.
My Mavic is that old, my gimbal was replaced 4-6 months ago by DJI.

My Mavic is that old, my gimbal was replaced 4-6 months ago by DJI.

Right, ok. Thanks. So that still potentially means newer builds.

Impossible to say for sure, of course, and most people wouldn't even notice this sound since when you're outside with the Mavic you simply wouldn't hear it, or would be unlikely to hear it with ambient noise.

Mine does it too....has for quite some time. Bought last July, manufactured in April last year. Again, just another reason for me to hate the MP gimbal.
LP

Mine does it too....has for quite some time. Bought last July, manufactured in April last year. Again, just another reason for me to hate the MP gimbal.
LP

Well it definitely doesn’t sound like something immediately troubling. The gimbal really is a pita. The design of the Air gimbal seems so much better and less...messy.

Well it definitely doesn’t sound like something immediately troubling. The gimbal really is a pita. The design of the Air gimbal seems so much better and less...messy.

Yep. I have very little interest in the Air. It's small and does 4K, but it appears to be louder than the Pro, shorter range, no Occusync, shorter battery....just no reason to head in that direction. I'm hoping my next drone will be with someone other than DJI. I really want a removable camera/gimbal so if it get trashed, it can be replaced easily....or swapped for a different cam.

LP

Yep. I have very little interest in the Air. It's small and does 4K, but it appears to be louder than the Pro, shorter range, no Occusync, shorter battery....just no reason to head in that direction. I'm hoping my next drone will be with someone other than DJI. I really want a removable camera/gimbal so if it get trashed, it can be replaced easily....or swapped for a different cam.

LP

In theory the Air gimbal is less easy to get trashed, being encased a little more. I hope to see an evolution on that design for the Mavic Pro II.

Had a few Mavics in for repair, some do it some don't, April/May 2017 Mavics seem the most prone to it, I did some investigating and can't see where it comes from on the Gimbal, changing the flat gimbal cables makes no difference.

Just one of those things I guess.

I would almost describe mine as a beep, it sounds exactly like the one in the video. I think it's possible it could be some kind of confirmation, kind of like the main motor start up sounds. It could have been a firmware thing that DJI added which would explain why some people have it and some people don't.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam the Slam