DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this motor going to cause problems down the road?

itsneedtokno

I'm chillin, appreciate it though.
Reactions
Site
codyshoaf.myportfolio.com
This is a brand new MA2, well new in the sense that it hasn't been out very long... I've logged 22 hours in the last couple weeks so it's not like it's sitting on a shelf.

I don't know what brought me to flick the props originally, but I'm glad I did.

Thoughts?

The right rear prop does not "bounce" in to place when it stops, and clearly doesn't rotate as much as the left rear, or any other prop for that matter.

have you taken of the props and turned the outer bell to see if you can hear anything rubbing and to check if, as you turn they feel the same resistance,and is the gap at the bottom of the outer bell the same on all of them

have you taken of the props and turned the outer bell to see if you can hear anything rubbing and to check if, as you turn they feel the same resistance,and is the gap at the bottom of the outer bell the same on all of them
I have taken off the props, no noise that I can hear. Had a short flight after noticing the issue, but didn't notice a temp difference. (5 minute flight at most)

Gotta check the clearance

Reactions: old man mavic
what it may be is just down to the clearance between the magnets and the center where the windings are

Reactions: itsneedtokno
the motors will last a long time ,if looked after and kept clean and free from contaminants, i think most differences are down to manufacturing tolerances,and quality control,where they are made, which of course comes down to cost of component

This is a brand new MA2, well new in the sense that it hasn't been out very long... I've logged 22 hours in the last couple weeks so it's not like it's sitting on a shelf.

I don't know what brought me to flick the props originally, but I'm glad I did.

Thoughts?

The right rear prop does not "bounce" in to place when it stops, and clearly doesn't rotate as much as the left rear, or any other prop for that matter.
No.

What is the best way to clean the motors on a Mavic Mini with out harming them?
Thank you and God bless

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain_Rick