DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue With Recording Video

propflux01

Reactions
I have an issue with recording the video. I have switched the SD card from the RC unit to the drone and back with no change. When I record a video, it stops playing 30 seconds into it, although the end shows the total length of video and the playback line still moves. In other words, on playback, the video is 3 minutes long. Start to play. 30 seconds in it freezes, although the orange place marker still goes towards the total time. Could someone please give me some advice on this? The cards used are SanDisk Extreme 128GB and 256GB.

IMG_7478.jpg

Last edited:
Try formatting within the drone's settings. U3 cards are typically capable of handling 5k, but it does seem like a write speed issue.

Reactions: Bandit1
I don't know if it's just me.. I have a few of those cards and don't have the issue...but when I look at yours I see 2 notches on the right side.. Like a pair of scissors started cutting in.. This isn't on mine and I suspect you may have fake cards..?

Reactions: MARK (LI)
SD cards do not last forever. Its a good idea to replace to avoid problems like this. I replace every two years at most just to be safe. SanDisk is very stable brand.

SD cards do not last forever. Its a good idea to replace to avoid problems like this. I replace every two years at most just to be safe. SanDisk is very stable brand.
PS I normally format in drone if I have problems though usually the PC is fine.

I don't know if it's just me.. I have a few of those cards and don't have the issue...but when I look at yours I see 2 notches on the right side.. Like a pair of scissors started cutting in.. This isn't on mine and I suspect you may have fake cards..?
Well, normally I use these brand cards on my Dash Cam, so I thought they would be good here. I ordered a Samsung card to see if that makes a difference. Both of the cards I have, have this 'extra" notch you describe. I bought them from Amazon, in sealed packages, but you never know.

I have an issue with recording the video. I have switched the SD card from the RC unit to the drone and back with no change. When I record a video, it stops playing 30 seconds into it, although the end shows the total length of video and the playback line still moves. In other words, on playback, the video is 3 minutes long. Start to play. 30 seconds in it freezes, although the orange place marker still goes towards the total time. Could someone please give me some advice on this? The cards used are SanDisk Extreme 128GB and 256GB.

View attachment 171347
Try another card for a quick easy test. Cards go bad and many are fake.

Well, an update. The cards are good;. Nothing wrong with them. Seems using Windows, there is a "Windows media player", and a "Windows media player legacy player". The newer media player locks up at 30 seconds. The legacy plays them just fine. So in the end, no issue with the cards or the drone itself, but more the media player used. Thanx again for everyone's contribution.

Well, an update. The cards are good;. Nothing wrong with them. Seems using Windows, there is a "Windows media player", and a "Windows media player legacy player". The newer media player locks up at 30 seconds. The legacy plays them just fine. So in the end, no issue with the cards or the drone itself, but more the media player used. Thanx again for everyone's contribution.
FREE VLC Player 1st then
HandBrake or LosslessCut just for the fun of it, HTH. :rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas