DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues after repairing the drone arm.

BSauce955

Inspire or be Inspired
Approved Vendor
Reactions
So, the other day, I got an Air 2S with two broken arms. I soldered them on and all is well. I plugged in the batteries and the gimbal won't move and neither do the two front motors. Also, I only replaced one of the front motors so I don't see how that should be an issue. Before I did the repair, the gimbal was fine, but for some reason, there's nothing coming from it anymore. I have no idea what's wrong. I didn't do any work on the gimbal so I see no reason for it to be damaged or broken. I only removed it and the main board before soldering everything to avoid heat damage. Any insight or help would be appreciated.

re the gimbal, are you sure you put all the connections back together and that the connectors are properly seated?
Re the motors, did all 4 start etc. prior to your repair?

re the gimbal, are you sure you put all the connections back together and that the connectors are properly seated?
Re the motors, did all 4 start etc. prior to your repair?
Correction, I just checked again, and all 4 motors are starting. however, the gimbal still doesn't move. And am I correct in thinking there are only two connections for the gimbal?

That I can not help with but you said you also removed the main board, what other connections to that exist?
From memory, with the Mavic Mini, there is one or more other connections that have to be remade when the mainboard is removed and it/they are easy to miss.

That I can not help with but you said you also removed the main board, what other connections to that exist?
From memory, with the Mavic Mini, there is one or more other connections that have to be remade when the mainboard is removed and it/they are easy to miss.
I put everything back together except for one part that I don't think anything goes to. I've included pictures or everything. The last picture shows the connection that I have no idea what goes to it. Maybe someone can tell me if anything does go there.IMG_0033.JPGIMG_0034_LI.jpg

did you disconnect anything from that?
I actually bought it broken and it was partially dissassembled. So I kind of just put everything back together.

I put everything back together except for one part that I don't think anything goes to.
That's never a good sign.
I think you should start with the before pictures: do you have any of those??

That's never a good sign.
I think you should start with the before pictures: do you have any of those??
Sadly, I bought the drone dissassembled (parts or repair) and am in the process of repairing it. However, nothing ever turned up that fit to that connection.

I actually bought it broken and it was partially dis-assembled. So I kind of just put everything back together.
I think you should have lead with that comment; kind of makes my previous post irrelevant.
All bets are off!

I think you should have lead with that comment; kind of makes my previous post irrelevant.
All bets are off!
Right, but, I'm sure it should be fixable, however, I don't know what's wrong. But yes, I should've said that earlier. lol

Try a google for DJI Air 2s dismantling.
I can not find any videos but I did find some for the Air 2, the boards look similar but I did notice a power-cable? in the air 2 for which there may not be provision in your drone.

To me it looks as if your vacant socket is also vacant on the Air 2.

Other than the missing? power-cable, what I think are ribbon cable connectors are present on both drones.
I would be inclined to compare the linked video with your drone and check that the connectors? ticked in the edited version of your photo are free of dirt and fluff etc. and seated correctly.

Attachments

• screen cap air2 dismantling.png
    screen cap air2 dismantling.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 10
  • wonky air 2s C&P.jpg
    wonky air 2s C&P.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DDS
try a google for DJI Air 2s dismantling,
I can not find any videos but I did find some for the Air 2, the boards look similar but I did notice a power-cable? in the air 2 for which there may not be provision in your drone.

To me it looks as if your vacant socket is also vacant on the Air 2.

Other than the missing? power-cable, what I think are ribbon cable connectors are present on both drones.
I would be inclined to compare the linked video with your drone and check that the connectors? ticked in the edited version of your photo are free of dirt and fluff etc. and seated correctly.
Just checked everything, and noticed, I'm getting the "critical error" lights (two back solid red lights).

gimbal doesn't move? Do that use a ribbon cable? you might have to get it replaced or get a new gimbal just like me

gimbal doesn't move? Do that use a ribbon cable? you might have to get it replaced or get a new gimbal just like me
I don’t think the gimbal is the issue. The gimbal worked just fine before I took it out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851