DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues Connecting to PC to get Photos

bkushner

Reactions
I have an AIR2S that when I connect to my PC I do not see the internal drive or the SD card on my computer to transfer images and video. I know I have a good connection because I can open and connect to DJI Assistant. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

I have an AIR2S but I have an iMac. I remove the card from the AC and have had no problems. I use an USB 3.0 card reader that cost very little. I don't worry about the AC getting hot while unloading any pictures or video.

I too remove the card and put into a reader but can you tell me how I remove the internal memory for use in a card reader?

Internal memory is just that and it remains internal.
Are you certain there are image/video files on the SD card?
How was the SD card formatted?
Can you see images/videos from the FLY app?
What are the specifications for the card?
I always connect the drone to the computer with a USB-C cable to transfer files from the SD card. It's slower than transferring directly from SD-card inserted into computer, but I prefer leaving the card in the drone.
Did you try a different cable?

And is this a new issue?
While I have removed my video/photos, here is what I see when I connect my Air2s via cable to my PC:
1.jpg

2.jpg
Internal drive

3.jpg
Card

Out of curiosity I checked my Air 2s. Both internal memory and SD card have DCM folders. Within the DCM folder is a MEDIA folder which has the JPFG and MP4 files.
It was also interesting is internal memory is exFAT while the card is FAT32. I thought that it was supposed to be exFAT for the card but apparently not needed for a 64 GB card

Internal memory is just that and it remains internal.
Are you certain there are image/video files on the SD card?
How was the SD card formatted?
Can you see images/videos from the FLY app?
What are the specifications for the card?
I always connect the drone to the computer with a USB-C cable to transfer files from the SD card. It's slower than transferring directly from SD-card inserted into computer, but I prefer leaving the card in the drone.
Did you try a different cable?
I know that. I was being sarcastic because people were saying it's easier to remove memory and use a card reader. I have video I put on eternal so I can see the drive. Even if nothing is recording I should still see the drive when connected to computer.

Yes I don't see that. The folders do not show.
Well, you got me...
Like @FLDave asked earlier, "Can you see images/videos from the FLY app?" or the DCIM folder? On both internal/external media?
Same question for external data on your card. Can you see the DCIM folder when you access it via a reader?
I know your question is regarding the internal storage via a cable, but it may help others to diagnose the issue if they know the answers to these triage questions.

Well, you got me...
Like @FLDave asked earlier, "Can you see images/videos from the FLY app?" or the DCIM folder? On both internal/external media?
Same question for external data on your card. Can you see the DCIM folder when you access it via a reader?
I know your question is regarding the internal storage via a cable, but it may help others to diagnose the issue if they know the answers to these triage questions.
Yes I can see the images from both in the fly app

Ok, I tried to see if this is an issue - I never connect my drone up directly, always take the sd card out. But I know that it should work, I've used a direct connection in the past.

Connected the drone to my mac with a usb C cable, turn on drone, wait a bit for startup, and then both drives show up and are accessible. Works as it should.

If it's still not working for you, try a different usb cable. Not all of them have all the data connections intact.

FWIW, there's a mysterious image on the internal drive that DJI must have taken - I have a "refreshed" drone after the old one crashed a few months back.
DJI_0001.JPG

@bkushner Did you actually take the card out of the Air 2s and put it in your computer to verify contents and format type? I couldn't find the answer in this thread.
I finally got around to check my Air 2s with the DJI Fly app on my phone. From the app it doesn't look like I actually see what is on the card as it doesn't show any file structure. What is does show is low-res images which would be the cached images on the phone, not the actual images on the drone card. Each low-res image has an option to download the actual file from the drone to the phone. You could try that to verify that the files are actually on the card.
If the image file on the drone card were deleted using a separate program like explorer it would not delete the cached image file on the phone.
It looks like the only way to verify what is on the card at this point is to place the card in your computer if you have exhausted all other options like cable issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keith Milligan