Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Issues with camera?

evanonline

Reactions
Site
www.evanfitzpatrickfilms.com
Hi guys! I cannot get a single clip to avoid being ultra grainy. I've gone through two Mavic Air 2's and tested different settings as well as using or not using ND filters depending on the situation. The attached shot was in D-cine 4K60 1/120, No ND. I haven't tried any plug-ins, but am open to recommendations. Any suggestions otherwise? TIA.

Meta4

Solutions
Reactions
Any suggestions otherwise?
It the camera the problem ... or the subject you are shooting?
Try shooting something that doesn't have a whole screen full of fine detail like a hillside covered in tree branches.
Do some test shooting of something with hard detail, like a well-lit house wall from 20-30 ft.

evanonline

Reactions
Site
www.evanfitzpatrickfilms.com
It the camera the problem ... or the subject you are shooting?
Try shooting something that doesn't have a whole screen full of fine detail like a hillside covered in tree branches.
Do some test shooting of something with hard detail, like a well-lit house wall from 20-30 ft.
Thats a good idea but I've been shooting a ton of automotive projects and its the same thing unfortunately.

slup

Reactions
...I cannot get a single clip to avoid being ultra grainy...
...I've been shooting a ton of automotive projects and its the same thing unfortunately.

I can't really see that ultra graininess you're speaking of ...

Then that car shot is really underexposed ... check the histogram. If you want to produce the cleanest vid. push the histogram more to the right without overexposing & then later bring down the brightness in post.

Click on it to make it larger...
1617868322490.png

Reactions: tlswift58

Thomas B

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi guys! I cannot get a single clip to avoid being ultra grainy. I've gone through two Mavic Air 2's and tested different settings as well as using or not using ND filters depending on the situation. The attached shot was in D-cine 4K60 1/120, No ND. I haven't tried any plug-ins, but am open to recommendations. Any suggestions otherwise? TIA.

Get a viewing device with higher resolution.

Reactions: THE CYBORG

tlswift58

Reactions
I can't really see that ultra graininess you're speaking of ...

Then that car shot is really underexposed ... check the histogram. If you want to produce the cleanest vid. push the histogram more to the right without overexposing & then later bring down the brightness in post.

Click on it to make it larger...
View attachment 126970
I saw no graininess either. Only the flicker of the video. It is pretty underexposed for sure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 2 Case

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nlorntson