DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with camera?

evanonline

Reactions
Site
www.evanfitzpatrickfilms.com
Hi guys! I cannot get a single clip to avoid being ultra grainy. I've gone through two Mavic Air 2's and tested different settings as well as using or not using ND filters depending on the situation. The attached shot was in D-cine 4K60 1/120, No ND. I haven't tried any plug-ins, but am open to recommendations. Any suggestions otherwise? TIA.

Any suggestions otherwise?
It the camera the problem ... or the subject you are shooting?
Try shooting something that doesn't have a whole screen full of fine detail like a hillside covered in tree branches.
Do some test shooting of something with hard detail, like a well-lit house wall from 20-30 ft.

It the camera the problem ... or the subject you are shooting?
Try shooting something that doesn't have a whole screen full of fine detail like a hillside covered in tree branches.
Do some test shooting of something with hard detail, like a well-lit house wall from 20-30 ft.
Thats a good idea but I've been shooting a ton of automotive projects and its the same thing unfortunately.

...I cannot get a single clip to avoid being ultra grainy...
...I've been shooting a ton of automotive projects and its the same thing unfortunately.

I can't really see that ultra graininess you're speaking of ...

Then that car shot is really underexposed ... check the histogram. If you want to produce the cleanest vid. push the histogram more to the right without overexposing & then later bring down the brightness in post.

Click on it to make it larger...
1617868322490.png

Reactions: tlswift58
Hi guys! I cannot get a single clip to avoid being ultra grainy. I've gone through two Mavic Air 2's and tested different settings as well as using or not using ND filters depending on the situation. The attached shot was in D-cine 4K60 1/120, No ND. I haven't tried any plug-ins, but am open to recommendations. Any suggestions otherwise? TIA.

Get a viewing device with higher resolution.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I can't really see that ultra graininess you're speaking of ...

Then that car shot is really underexposed ... check the histogram. If you want to produce the cleanest vid. push the histogram more to the right without overexposing & then later bring down the brightness in post.

Click on it to make it larger...
View attachment 126970
I saw no graininess either. Only the flicker of the video. It is pretty underexposed for sure.

Hi everyone,
I have this unusual problem with my Mavic Pro,
every footage that I take is grainy and full of noise...
When I first bought it it was fine, however, after 2 months of using it (cca 2-3 times a week) it started giving me some noisy and grainy images and videos also...
Can anyone explain me what the problem could be? Did I do something wrong in the settings?
I added link to two raw (dng) images, one from 2 months ago and one from few days ago.
Thanks in forward!

link: img - Google Drive

Best Regards,
Daniel Batinić

Hi everyone,
I have this unusual problem with my Mavic Pro,
every footage that I take is grainy and full of noise...
When I first bought it it was fine, however, after 2 months of using it (cca 2-3 times a week) it started giving me some noisy and grainy images and videos also...
Can anyone explain me what the problem could be? Did I do something wrong in the settings?
I added link to two raw (dng) images, one from 2 months ago and one from few days ago.
Thanks in forward!

link: img - Google Drive

Best Regards,
Daniel Batinić
Can't see any major unmotivated difference ... the 2 pictures are taken with different ISO settings though & the noise difference most probably comes from that.

This one from 2 month ago, taken with ISO100, 100% view in Adobe LR from the upper left corner:

1641419198540.png

And here the one from a few days ago, taken with ISO200, 100% view in Adobe LR from the upper left corner:

1641419299748.png

Thanks, I just learned that you can combine multiple photos to get HDR in lightroom, which I suppose is better than processing HDR photos in body processor. The photos are like sooo less grainy and more dynamic range now. Thanks!

Also - DNG format will look pretty faded in most apps. Only after processing will they pop with good contrast and saturation.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb