DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with Iphone 7 Plus and Heat

bkushner

Reactions
Every time this year I get issues with my Iphone 7 plus when flying my M2P. Once it heats up I get massive lag on the phone..Drone operates fine but 3-5 second lag is the norm. Yesterday it was in the 80's and started doing it. Anyone else have this issue? Would a newer phone not do this? Thanks.

I have had issues with my iPhones and iPads in both cold and hot temps. In cold, it just shuts down telling you it’s too cold, and when getting hot, it becomes unstable like you observed prior to just shutting down. These things are like little solar panels, and it’s important to shade them from direct sun any way you can, even if it’s just your head creating the shade. It also helps to give the CPU as little load as possible by shutting down all background apps and going into Airplane mode after caching whatever maps you need. Normally, that will take care of up to about 90 degrees, and if you want to guarantee stability above that, you could use one of those gel ice packs under the device to cool it.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
That I cannot answer regarding the 10 and 11 series, but I don't think those specs are a huge priority of Apple...

I'm not sure it it's the outside temp. or the sunlight but something triggers it to try to save the battery by dimming the screen and from my searches there is nothing you can do about it. I try to launch from somewhere that I can find shade if I need it..and I generally do.

My iPhone 6plus over heated today for the first time, 90 degrees plus.......I too will be flying earlier before the heat of the day or later if I don't have a good shade to perch under.

WDK

My iPhone 6plus over heated today for the first time, 90 degrees plus.......I too will be flying earlier before the heat of the day or later if I don't have a good shade to perch under.

WDK
In the mid seventies I worked for a South Dakota state weather modification project. I flew over Sioux Falls many times in front of one of those squall lines that seem to cross that part of South Dakota every night. I was based in Yankton. You should be able to get some spectacular videos from a distance. I have good memories of South Dakota.

In the mid seventies I worked for a South Dakota state weather modification project. I flew over Sioux Falls many times in front of one of those squall lines that seem to cross that part of South Dakota every night. I was based in Yankton. You should be able to get some spectacular videos from a distance. I have good memories of South Dakota.

To clear that up, I will have to get back to South Dakota for those very sites. Right now I am full time RV’er trying to see all 50 states, 11 more to go.2C73FF70-7A99-4243-AF95-78469789004A.jpeg. We are residents of South Dakota in name only, no taxes and jury duty is pretty lax as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
douggodley