DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with updating firmware

Doodle

Reactions
I updated the firmware on the controller via the DJI Go app.... no problem.
Went to update the first battery (to v1.04.03) with the app, and when it was updating (the download was complete), the controller disconnected from the aircraft at about 60%.
Next night went to do the same battery, but with the DJI assistant over wi-if and at about 98% download, it stopped because the battery was below 50%
A couple nights later (just a few moments ago), it downloaded fast and all the way (again using DJI assistant), this time I used a different battery that was fully charged. It was now time for the transmitting and it didn’t even get to 1% and it said it failed.
Trying it again, currently at 60% downloaded. What is the issue as to why it didn’t transmit to the drone.

This updating of firmware is starting to really piss me off. I really want to do the panorama shots (to turn it into a 3D photo for Facebook)

Can someone please help me!!!!,

EDIT: the transmission failed again. I think I’m gonna try the app again. If that doesn’t work I’m gonna throw this thing into the lake. For f*cks sake

2nd EDIT: The update through the app worked this time. The other 2 batteries are charging and going to try the update on them tmrw. I think I just needed to move closer to the wifi box.

Last edited:
Sorry you’re having such a tough time. Personally I’ve never tried justupdating the battery. I’ve updated the drone with the remote on and connected and just assumed it was updating all devices simultainously. Anyway, your post has me curious. I’ll try looking into a battery firmware update and see if I have any success and let you know what I find out. Meanwhile I’m sure someone on her will have the answer.

Sorry you’re having such a tough time. Personally I’ve never tried justupdating the battery. I’ve updated the drone with the remote on and connected and just assumed it was updating all devices simultainously. Anyway, your post has me curious. I’ll try looking into a battery firmware update and see if I have any success and let you know what I find out. Meanwhile I’m sure someone on her will have the answer.

I'm not sure which version update it was, but I was told that all your batteries need to be updated...Yes, I am that far behind on firmware updates. But, I did try the app again and it finally worked, so the drone isn't going into the lake. haha. I'm currently charging the other two batteries and gonna try the update on them tmrw. If it says that those two batteries DON'T need an update as well, I'll let you know.

So I just tried the 2nd battery and when I went through the app and it loaded up, it said something along the lines of ‘inconsistent firmware’ and it took about 90 seconds to update each battery. I am now all up to date. But I heard the app has an update just came out so I think I have to update that.....agaun

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada