DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It’s Over.

-MavicMiniPilot

Reactions
Had a pretty bad crash today. Hit a tree and fell onto concrete in sport mode. I can’t afford to get this repaired for a long time. I’m going to sell off the remote 4 batteries, and other accessories. Let me know what you think I should do before I sell everything. I’ve used this hobby as a way to clear my head, it just seems to expensive for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0487.jpeg
    IMG_0487.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 175
  • Sad
Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
So sorry to see this happen to anyone.....I flew in Sport mode 1 time and decided that it was too quick for me and never did that again..... it was over a huge field of hay at a farm and I came out of it ok..... I lost site of it in an instant and had a heck of a time tracking it down.......there were some trees along the side of the field and I was afraid it might be under the trees, so I did not want to hit RTH ......Hard to tell what model that is....it looks black

Last edited:
Unfortunately crashes & repairs can be an ongoing expense in this hobby. The ONLY way to never crash is to never FLY and there's no fun in that.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Had a pretty bad crash today. Hit a tree and fell onto concrete in sport mode. I can’t afford to get this repaired for a long time. I’m going to sell off the remote 4 batteries, and other accessories. Let me know what you think I should do before I sell everything. I’ve used this hobby as a way to clear my head, it just seems to expensive for me.
Sorry for your loss. Although the prices for consumer drones have came way down, one can still spend a lot of money on the hobby/profession. Good luck and best wishes

If you have enjoyed the hobby I say stick with it. All hobbies are expensive. Drones can get pricey for sure! I hope you wont let this ground you forever. Maybe you can use this to learn to build and repair your own Drones. Its actually not that hard to do!
If you have gotten to the stage that you like to Hot-Rod around as fast as you can Then maybe its time to add a mini whoop to your hanger! If I could find some mini parts I would sure send them to you but I have none SORRY

Last edited:
@-MavicMiniPilot sorry for the loss of your drone,yes this pastime can be hard on ones wallet
and right now ,you are feeling upset about your drone, and probably cross with yourself inside for the fact that it happened
any hobby that you have, is going to have an initial expenditure, and then ongoing costs for consumables ,and this hobby is no different to many others in that respect,take time to reflect, and decide what to do later ,you dont need to have the latest and greatest drone model, to enjoy this hobby,and ,there are lots of good deals to be had, with used older models ,as lots of new stuff comes on the market,i can feel your pain ,because my drones are what helps me cope with my ailments, and age related issues, by getting me motivated ,to get out and enjoy flying them
take care and i hope you can get flying again soon

Dude as @BigAl07 said
"The ONLY way to never crash is to never FLY and there's no fun in that "
That is it!

I lost a P2V+ July 26th 2015 basically $1400. I lot of friends and fuel looking for it.
My wife said you like this stuff bought a P3S.

Anyways its your thread (Been There) :rolleyes: :)👌

Rod ..

Last edited:
I’m an in-for-a-penny-in-for-a-pound guy. If you enjoyed flying and you’ve learned something from the experience that you can adjust to, you’re throwing that education away.

That philosophy kept me droning after my major crash. I don’t regret it.

Of course, I’ve lost many a bet calling a raise on that philosophy!

Hi Drone friend.
Been there done that. I am 80 years and flying drones for almost 20 years, Yes they got to expensive for me, until I
purchased DJI mini2 Se for $299.00 it works great and video is very good. and when I break it parts they are cheap to relace.
No it is not a 2 or 3 thousand dollar drone but great fun and I AM STILL FLYING

Hi Drone friend.
Been there done that. I am 80 years and flying drones for almost 20 years, Yes they got to expensive for me, until I
purchased DJI mini2 Se for $299.00 it works great and video is very good. and when I break it parts they are cheap to relace.
No it is not a 2 or 3 thousand dollar drone but great fun and I AM STILL FLYING
And the Mini 2 SE can make some great video too.
Never doubt the little ones.

Reactions: RodPad and rp6
Flying more "conservatively" or "cautiously" might help minimize risks of crashing. Knock on wood, I have not yet had a crash or even so much as a damaged propeller. That said, I do not fly nearly as often as I get the sense many do in this hobby. (Eg, 1-3x a month, not once a week or every day) When I fly, I am quite cautious. I never use Sport mode, I rarely fly a drone more than 1/2 mile from launch point, I do not fly in overly windy conditions. I do not fly in urban environments where there could be more signal interference. I also fly my least expensive drone (Mini 2) most often, and the more expensive ones less often.

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
I have crashed 3 drones so far in my 5 years. It feels horrible but each time I learn what I shouldn't have done. I think the dji refresh plan helps ease the sting of a crash. It is an expensive craft but so is a root canal and that is not as fun.Jacksonville Tree Lighting 11.24.18-014.jpg

Reactions: Cafguy
Hey Pittsburg,
Most of us on the Forum feel your pain and emotions, having been there and done that. A lot of us use our drones for therapy to keep us moving forward. It can be an expensive hobby. My learning curve started over twenty years ago defying gravity with a 30 series Hirobo Shuttle gas helicopter. Many crashes, many expensive repairs, main rotor blades, tail rotor blades, tail booms, sheared off skids. For me repairing these was all part of my therapy, rebuilding, re rigging, adjusting blade pitch to include minus 3 degrees to allow auto rotations.
In 2019 I purchased my Mavic Mini, currently have approximately 75 hours of accrued flying therapy. A colleague of mine, a part 61 pilot said to me, Altitude is your friend, which has helped me keep my mini airworthy and in one piece.
Im thinking that you will make your own decision where to go from here, possibly being helped by all the forum responses here from your fellow droners. I hope you can find a way to keep dronin.

Good luck to you.
Blue skys and Happy Contrails

Interesting
I read your post and felt for your loss. I started thinking about some drones i have and that i might help you out and get you back in the air.
Then i decided to have a quick look over your previous posts and came across this

I think ill leave you to your fate. Name calling and your attitude changed my thinking.

All the best, hopefully you will manage to get yourself sorted out, but maybe being grounded is a good thing for you

Interesting
I read your post and felt for your loss. I started thinking about some drones i have and that i might help you out and get you back in the air.
Then i decided to have a quick look over your previous posts and came across this

I think ill leave you to your fate. Name calling and your attitude changed my thinking.

All the best, hopefully you will manage to get yourself sorted out, but maybe being grounded is a good thing for you
Lol 😂

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne