DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inches From Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too close for comfort!

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot

Long form video coming soon. I was laying on my stomach right below my tripod to line this up perfectly. I was literally less than 3 inches from hitting the camera or my face. Looking at the flight data I was going at max speed in sport mode.
By the of that drodrone

Well, now. You have an amazing flying camera that can navigate with GPS, stabilize itself in gusty winds, follow you while recording 4k video, and find it's own way home and auto-land. And the most imaginative thing you can think to do with all that marvelous technology is lie on the ground and have it fly at 35+mph within inches of your face?

No wonder many people are skittish about drones.

Well, now. You have an amazing flying camera that can navigate with GPS, stabilize itself in gusty winds, follow you while recording 4k video, and find it's own way home and auto-land. And the most imaginative thing you can think to do with all that marvelous technology is lie on the ground and have it fly at 35+mph within inches of your face?

No wonder many people are skittish about drones.
Don’t tell me how to fly. I will do as I please.

Don’t tell me how to fly. I will do as I please.
There was nothing in my post telling you how to fly. I'll leave that to others with more tolerance and patience.

I am honestly astonished that an adult (my assumption) would do something that pointlessly reckless and then document and brag about it on a public forum. It tarnishes the images of all responsible drone pilots.

Inches from Disaster? A better title might be Inviting Disaster?

There was nothing in my post telling you how to fly. I'll leave that to others with more tolerance and patience.

I am honestly astonished that an adult (my assumption) would do something that pointlessly reckless and then document and brag about it on a public forum. It tarnishes the images of all responsible drone pilots.

Inches from Disaster? A better title might be Inviting Disaster?
Select few people on this forum as yourself comment on things they shouldn’t. I was in a park ALONE and the only thing I could hurt is myself. Yeah it’s not the smartest thing to do but I like to fly low and fast. Explain to me why you think I am being reckless? I know the risks involved with doing something like this. I was literally in a field by myself. The only thing I could hit is the ground or my camera. Don’t start criticizing if you don’t know the circumstances.

Select few people on this forum as yourself comment on things they shouldn’t. I was in a park ALONE and the only thing I could hurt is myself. Yeah it’s not the smartest thing to do but I like to fly low and fast. Explain to me why you think I am being reckless? I know the risks involved with doing something like this. I was literally in a field by myself. The only thing I could hit is the ground or my camera. Don’t start criticizing if you don’t know the circumstances.

Criticizing you? I've expressed astonishment. But, I do agree with you that "it's not the smartest thing to do."

The only thing I could hit is the ground or my camera.
From post #1: "I was literally less than 3 inches from hitting the camera or my face. Inches from disaster, as you say.

This sort of video on Youtube does not contribute to a positive public image of drones and drone pilots.

@-MavicMiniPilot if you choose to post about such topics on this forum ,then you are going to get the sort of comments ,such as those above
personally i couldnt give a monkeys what you do with your drone ,its the negative image it gives others thats the issue here
we are already being singled out by the powers that be ,to have our pastime regulated out of existance

I hear you, the purpose of flying at the is park was to take this video. If your worried about a negative image because I fly like I do then you have a much larger problem. I’m not responding to any more replies on this forum. I’m sure you’ll work out your own conclusions.

Reactions: Torque
I hear you, the purpose of flying at the is park was to take this video. If your worried about a negative image because I fly like I do then you have a much larger problem. I’m not responding to any more replies on this forum. I’m sure you’ll work out your own conclusions.

Long form video coming soon. I was laying on my stomach right below my tripod to line this up perfectly. I was literally less than 3 inches from hitting the camera or my face. Looking at the flight data I was going at max speed in sport mode.
As a neutral reader I think the moderator needs to pull the plug on this thread. It is turning into a sandbox fight.

It's hardly childish discussion. It's about safety, responsible flying, and the public's perception of drones.
The only person who was endangered was myself. I knew the risks involved with doing this and decided that it was worth it for me. Deal with it.

Reactions: Torque
Years ago we did shots of our RC induction jets this same way. Started with a tripod, but getting the plane lined up perfectly was a challenge, we (the pilot) would stand behind the tripod getting lined up, and duck at the last minute! I It would be much easier with a drone. Gotta trust your piloting skills.
I'm going to try this with my 360 cam and the Avata! With a tripod and me out of the way :cool:

Years ago we did shots of our RC induction jets this same way. Started with a tripod, but getting the plane lined up perfectly was a challenge, we (the pilot) would stand behind the tripod getting lined up, and duck at the last minute! I It would be much easier with a drone. Gotta trust your piloting skills.
I'm going to try this with my 360 cam and the Avata! With a tripod and me out of the way :cool:
Exactly.

There's no value in putting your face three inches from the flight path of the drone. Other than faux Youtube drama and sensationalism, that is.

Exactly.

There's no value in putting your face three inches from the flight path of the drone. Other than faux Youtube drama and sensationalism, that is.
The goal of doing this was to film it exactly how I did. The crybabies on this forum need to deal with it. Yes I know it was not safe but I accepted the risk of what could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_