DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inches From Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone wants to be ... un-smart ... and do things that will (likely seriously) hurt themselves then that's on them.

At least until regulators get involved to try to protect people from themselves. Which is where almost every safety initiative/rule came from, btw ("Jackass the Movie" but in real life). Then those same people get mad because the "gubmint" is imposing on their freedoms to kill themselves in stupid ways and the rest of us are left to deal with the aftermath. Contrary to the "rugged-individualist" mind-set no man is an island unto themselves and we all get impacted by the decisions of those around us.

If you come to a forum to brag about doing ... un-smart ... things where there is a known substantial safety culture present you can't honestly be surprised when someone (everyone) calls you out on those actions. Especially when it's accompanied by click-bait titles.

Do yourself a favor and if you REALLY DO absolutely have to stand behind the camera and fly the whizzing quad-buzz-saw at your face at least be smart enough to spend a few bucks on a face shield so that when things (inevitably) go horribly wrong you won't be a burden on your family or society in general by intentionally blinding yourself (not meaning to demean those that are blind for other reasons but to intentionally/recklessly do it just seems like it's not...ideal).

Y´all know what ? What if this was a social experiment to demonstrate reactions, and the "closeness to face" claim which lacks any substantial proof never really happened but merely exists in the fictional "clickbait" statements ?😉

Personally I´ve been watching here with my popcorn thinking the whole time - the dude is trolling you ALL, all he had was A TRIPOD. Not the balls to REALLY do it. He´s a smurf, and all you intellectuals are being his monkeys ! 🤓🙊

Can´t you tell he´s just bored and decided to feed the forum-police ?

Last edited:
Y´all know what ? What if this was a social experiment to demonstrate reactions, and the "closeness to face" claim which lacks any substantial proof never really happened, but merely exists in the fictional "clickbait" statements ?😉

Personally I´ve been watching here with my popcorn thinking the whole time - the dude is trolling you ALL, all he had was A TRIPOD. Not the balls to REALLY do it. He´s a smurf, and all you intellectuals are being his monkeys ! 🤓🙊
This will not be a popular opinion, but I agree with you. The reactions here have been surprising.
The drone doesn't appear to come within 3 inches of the camera, let alone the OP's face which was stated to be below and behind the tripod. Quaterbacks, Race car drivers, motocross riders, rock climbers, etc take far more serious risks enjoying their sport/hobby/profession than this drone pilot did.

Last edited:
How does one even know where is FACE was ? Because it was stated ? I don´t see any human parts in that vid.
Video doesn´t lie, people do. In reality he was 10 yards away or more, and all the spoon-feeders are having a COW over it... 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Riteguy
I hear you, the purpose of flying at the is park was to take this video. If your worried about a negative image because I fly like I do then you have a much larger problem. I’m not responding to any more replies on this forum. I’m sure you’ll work out your own conclusions.
With the attitudes express toward you, it's amazing we had people willing to put step on top of a rocket and go to the moon, for fear it wasn't safe. Or like the Wright Brothers climbing aboard the first airplane and any other sort of dangerous experiment. With excitement comes danger and the unknown. Those who are afraid to take their drone out for fear of criticism should probably leave it in the case and just brag about all the things they COULD do.

Reactions: Torque
Why do people in this forum care so much about the public image of drone pilots. This is a mavic pilots forum not facebook lmao
Because we suffer the consequences of a bad image, ask the EU pilots who are facing a 120m hard ceiling relative to the take off point.

Does Joe Q. Public follow this forum looking for scary stuff to make them hate drones more?
I don't know if they do but in reverse do YOU know that they don't?
Besides
1) contrary to your saying
This is a private group for drone pilots, not a public forum
this is a public forum, as shown by the second screen capture shown below. That is via Chrome and not logged into this site. The first screen capture is via Firefox and logged into this site.
2) The video is hosted on youtube as shown in the screen captures and youtube is most certainly a VERY public forum. Mavic Pilots is no more private than youtube.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    193.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Untitled 2.png
    Untitled 2.png
    267.1 KB · Views: 6
I don't know if they do but in reverse do YOU know that they don't?
Besides
1) contrary to your saying

this is a public forum, as shown by the second screen capture shown below. That is via Chrome and not logged into this site. The first screen capture is via Firefox and logged into this site.
2) The video is hosted on youtube as shown in the screen captures and youtube is most certainly a VERY public forum. Mavic Pilots is no more private than youtube.
I think 4 pages of belittling this pilot over this video is excessive. And I don't believe the public would ever find this video to be dangerous and reason to ban drones.
Unless they feed into the responses posted here...

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
This is a drone specific forum. It isn't Facebook, IG, TikTok or Reddit. The public is not going to stumble across this post while perusing their social media feeds.
Are we now afraid that the public is searching drone forums for videos they percieve as dangerous?
If that a new fear on this forum?

Reactions: Red_Pyro
This is a drone specific forum. It isn't Facebook, IG, TikTok or Reddit. The public is not going to stumble across this post while perusing their social media feeds.
Are we now afraid that the public is searching drone forums for videos they percieve as dangerous?
If that a new fear on this forum?
They don't need to search a drone forum for drone videos, the majority of videos shown on Mavicpilots and the DJI forum are hosted on youtube, including both of the videos included in this thread.
Youtube presumably has a very wide audience.
The OP's video on youtube has been viewed 2,400 times in 6 days.

Attachments

• Untitled 3.png
    Untitled 3.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 3
What seems stoopidly dangerous to some is not to others. How many here think driving 200 mph inches from someone else is stoopidly dangerous? NASCAR drivers do this almost every week. Skydiving? SCUBA? Give the kid some credit. The video was well made and SAFE for him!!

They don't need to search a drone forum for drone videos.
The najority of videos shown on Mavicpilots and the DJI forum are hosted on youtube, including both of the videos included in this thread and youtube presumably has a very wide audience.
Have you looked at this video on YouTube?
45 likes.
0 dislikes.
0 comments

This is the only place people feel they need to post page after page telling the OP how damaging his video is to the drone community. And it genuinely surprises and bothers me. He flew low with a tripod and camera between him and the drone, nowhere near the "3 inches" above his face as stated. I don't get the Karen-esque responses.
No wonder some here are afraid to fly in public.

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
Have you looked at this video on YouTube?
Uum, strangely, given that the number of likes and dislikes are included in the screen capture I posted, I think the answer to your question is obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_