DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inches From Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they find this video and others on Youtube.

Yes! And look at the ruckus the video has caused on YouTube.
I bet a good portion of the 2.4K views are from forum members here.
I base that on the fact that the full length video of the set up and execution of this shot has only had 19 views
and 0 comments.
Have you seen the video shared on social media where it is used to demonstrate how dangerous drones are?

How many of you ride a bicycle or motorcycle without a helmet?

motorcycle without a helmet
Hand on heart once in 600,000 miles. A truly exceptional day up in the Lake District many years ago. I got lucky, I had the road to myself and the weather and view were absolutely glorious, 10 - 15mph for the whole road.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
Because we suffer the consequences of a bad image, ask the EU pilots who are facing a 120m hard ceiling relative to the take off point.
ah yes never a point in time did regulators decide to take bad decisions on their own. How do you explain that the entire west coast of France is a no fly zone, did the fish complain to the government of the reckless drone pilots ? Or was it maybe a stupid decision politicians are know to sometimes take ?

ah yes never a point in time did regulators decide to take bad decisions on their own. How do you explain that the entire west coast of France is a no fly zone, did the fish complain to the government of the reckless drone pilots ? Or was it maybe a stupid decision politicians are know to sometimes take ?
Whether or not they make bad decisions is irrelevant, DJI have to comply with them and we suffer the consequence.

Reactions: MS Coast
it's amazing we had people willing to put step on top of a rocket and go to the moon, for fear it wasn't safe.

did you, with a completely straight face, literally just compare the person who needlessly put himself in completely unnecessary danger for the "perfect video shot" to the people in the military who bravely conquered space (or at least our small part of it)? really?...REALLY?

Yup, this videographers need to get that shot was completely congruent to mankinds need to conquer space, or the WW2 vets who were brave enough to fight fascism, or the Wright Brothers vision of completely transforming the way people travel, or even the bravery of firefighters who run into a burning building to save another human.

Yeah, I don't see any difference at all.

sheesh... 🙄

NASCAR drivers do this almost every week. Skydiving? SCUBA?

NASCAR drivers have many safety systems in place to minimize their risk exposure.

same with skydiving (backup chutes, special double checks, hours of training, etc) (and yes I think skydiving is one and SCUBA.

Literally everything in life has some risk. Just by being alive death is always right around the corner for sometimes no apparent reason.

I think the point is that if you are going to take risks at least make it worth it and don't just do stupid things for literally no reason when there are other safer ways to accomplish the same task.

I want to get to the other side of the road but I still look both ways when I do.

Photographers have always taken risks to get that perfect shot.
Charles Ebbets in 1932 for instance;
Sure, but what about the guy who took the photo of Charles Ebbets?

This is what always gets me about documentaries of people doing challenging things. What you see on the screen is some guy scaling Mount Everest. What you don't see is the cinematographer who is also scaling Mount Everest while carrying a heavy tripod, camera, etc.

There was nothing in my post telling you how to fly. I'll leave that to others with more tolerance and patience.

I am honestly astonished that an adult (my assumption) would do something that pointlessly reckless and then document and brag about it on a public forum. It tarnishes the images of all responsible drone pilots.

Inches from Disaster? A better title might be Inviting Disaster?
Seriously MS Coast? Geez - leave the guy alone and try posting something a bit more adult like.

Seriously MS Coast? Geez - leave the guy alone and try posting something a bit more adult like.

In search of the "more adult like" post.

A. "Inches From Disaster" "I was literally less than 3 inches from hitting the camera or my face. Looking at the flight data I was going at max speed in sport mode."

B. "I am honestly astonished that an adult (my assumption) would do something that pointlessly reckless and then document and brag about it on a public forum."

i wear my motorcycle helmet when performing that oh so common flight maneuver.

i wear my motorcycle helmet when performing that oh so common flight maneuver.
People are overreacting. Yes I was probably to close to my head but this is a one time thing for me that I have always wanted to do. Being 3 inches from my face was technically true but more so from the top of my head. Even if I crashed I would be unscathed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13