DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It happened, I crashed my drone

DroneZig

Reactions
I've had my Mavic air a few months now and even though I'm still a newbie, I considered myself a safe and fairly decent pilot /controller. Well today I literally have no idea how, but I went straight into a tree and it dropped on the floor from about 15 meters. Props broke and both plastics the rear legs broke off. I'll upload pictures. Somehow the camera wasn't damaged. I tested the next day with new props and the thing went straight into another tree. I was in shock. I have no idea, it could be me. I was testing active track and as it panned to the left it hit another tree. Two crashes out two days. Doh!! I'm in Switzerland so DJI refresh. I have insurance but I might try warranty replacement as this thing had a mind of its own.

If I was to keep it, does anyone know if you can replace just the rear legs plastics? I only see the whole arm with motor. Here are some pics.

Love to hear you're thoughts. 20190120_204940.jpeg20190120_204853.jpeg20190120_204920.jpeg

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
they include the entire arm and in most listings the motor as well. but sometimes you'll see just the bare arm with foot

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I think that you have been attacked by an unusually hostile tree. For the benefit of your drone and others that may follow, I suggest that you reduce it to firewood.:D
You cant blame trees they dont like noisy drones attacking them

Found the logfile and uploaded to Airdata. Very cool website. Be great to hear i you sport something odd. Many thanks.

Here is the sharing link:

I've had my Mavic air a few months now and even though I'm still a newbie, I considered myself a safe and fairly decent pilot /controller. Well today I literally have no idea how, but I went straight into a tree and it dropped on the floor from about 15 meters. Props broke and both plastics the rear legs broke off. I'll upload pictures. Somehow the camera wasn't damaged. I tested the next day with new props and the thing went straight into another tree. I was in shock. I have no idea, it could be me. I was testing active track and as it panned to the left it hit another tree. Two crashes out two days. Doh!! I'm in Switzerland so DJI refresh. I have insurance but I might try warranty replacement as this thing had a mind of its own.

If I was to keep it, does anyone know if you can replace just the rear legs plastics? I only see the whole arm with motor. Here are some pics.

Love to hear you're thoughts. View attachment 59858View attachment 59859View attachment 59860
I was doing a video of a new truck at work, now just drive towards me I said, drone hovering overhead, height set at slightly higher than the lorry. Ashley drives towards me and then as a shock to both of us, the truck hit the drone which flipped over on its back and took up residence on the truck roof. Fortunately, only 2 front propellers damaged. So, I learned the height it was reporting wasn't accurate. I shan't do that again.

I had one broken leg at the hinge and couldn’t buy either the leg or hinge. Even tried to convince Dji to sell me parts but would only sell the whole leg assembly.

I finally 3D printed the hinge (available on Thingiverse.com) and successfully reattached the leg.

The antenna wire to the leg never broke so I didn’t need to resolder/replace the antenna

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest