DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Italy Coastline

mandersenkwa

Reactions
First drone, bought about 6 months ago. Only flown about a dozen times. Brought to Italy for 3 weeks while here for work. Lot different than normal photography, but a cool way to get new perspectives. Pic is a bit dark but I have not messed with raw image yet just jpeg. Comments welcome..... Good and/or bad. 1005-2018-0739330563020376733.jpeg

Reactions: Marco Cantieni
Matthew,
Beautiful subject matter. I like the vignetting, I think it adds a lot to the composition. The foreground is a little dominant, since the building is likely your point of interest. Could easily be two images...one for the building and another for the foreground patterns. I can't tell easily how in focus the top half is...your depth of field is pretty good, but the foreground is tack sharp, so I worry about the building when you zoom in on it. Still, you might consider making two horizontals from them - could be quite interesting.

If you do split them, for the top photo, when you get this into Photoshop, just straighten your horizon line. I would also likely remove the lighter buildings in the far background, as they just draw the eye up there and away from the building with the great coastline leading up to it. You've got a great line leading to the building (the coast), which I wouldn't touch at all...you want to highlight it. I would likely lighten the building and darken the truck and that little tower next to it, so it doesn't compete with your eye's attention. You want the eye to go up the coast to the building first and then branch out to the rest of the composition. It might even be stronger if the truck weren't in the photograph at all...I'd play with removing it and see if it's a stronger image.

The bottom image would be an awesome study in patterns. I would crop it to avoid all buildings and then just move the frame around until I found a set of rocks that works aesthetically for you.

It's a great choice of location and I really like your selection of the image. Lots of great things to work with! Nice shot!

- Gary

I only have access to the screen copy resolution of your image, but this is a QUICK workup of what I had in mind. It's fuzzy and lots of PS artifacts are still around...but I only spent a few minutes on it. I would probably play with the cropping a bit more as well - maybe add more above the building...but it's just an idea.
- G
italycoast r1 - low res.jpg

Reactions: tpratt83687
I only have access to the screen copy resolution of your image, but this is a QUICK workup of what I had in mind. It's fuzzy and lots of PS artifacts are still around...but I only spent a few minutes on it. I would probably play with the cropping a bit more as well - maybe add more above the building...but it's just an idea.
- G
View attachment 38069
Gary,

Appreciate the comments. I need to look but I may have a horizontal with the same basic image. I see what you mean with the background and cropping. When I get back to Romania I'll get things on computer and see what I can work out.

Mathew

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB