DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Itelite range extender

Hayabusa

Reactions
I still have my itelite range extender from my p3s. Can this be used in these Mavic controller?

I’ll have to dig it out. I used it in my p3s so whatever that would use.

I assume you hook up the same.
Yes they hook up the same way. I think the panels are higher dbi rating than the black Nanosync that they make for the Mavic. Yes it will work great, the only drawback for me personally is the panels are small and thus very directional. So you have to point the antenna towards the bird, and it’s VERY directional. So if you are pointed off a few degrees your signal sucks. But because it’s focused forwards it pushes the signal out further.

Yes they hook up the same way. I think the panels are higher dbi rating than the black Nanosync that they make for the Mavic. Yes it will work great, the only drawback for me personally is the panels are small and thus very directional. So you have to point the antenna towards the bird, and it’s VERY directional. So if you are pointed off a few degrees your signal sucks. But because it’s focused forwards it pushes the signal out further.

I do want more distance but will it be worse flying around 1000’-1500’? I use my goggles a lot and obviously hard to keep pointed at bird. I understand going for max distance that it needs to be focused but don’t want to have to always be pointed exactly at it.
Thanks for all the info.?

Reactions: Texas Mavic
I do want more distance but will it be worse flying around 1000’-1500’? I use my goggles a lot and obviously hard to keep pointed at bird. I understand going for max distance that it needs to be focused but don’t want to have to always be pointed exactly at it.
Thanks for all the info.?
You won’t lose complete signal at 1500 feet, but you will certainly lose a few bars of RC. I would suggest using two omnidirectional antennas if you are at closer range and using goggles. Just a cheap set of 2.4ghz omnidirectional antennas will work great for you out to about 17K feet.

You won’t lose complete signal at 1500 feet, but you will certainly lose a few bars of RC. I would suggest using two omnidirectional antennas if you are at closer range and using goggles. Just a cheap set of 2.4ghz omnidirectional antennas will work great for you out to about 17K feet.

But would I have to switch antennas each time?
I do have a set Omni directional s from the p3s.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ