Join Us Now

its F1 time again

Status
Not open for further replies.

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
hi to all my fellow flyers and forum members
well it F1 time again ,its going to be an interesting season, with all the rule changes and new car set ups
lets hope the controversy of last year does not spoil the action

Oh my! What's an F1?

hi to all my fellow flyers and forum members
well it F1 time again ,its going to be an interesting season, with all the rule changes and new car set ups
lets hope the controversy of last year does not spoil the action

I sort of follow the Indy Car racing and recently started to watch the F1 series.

It may be an interesting season indeed. 🙃

Reactions: old man mavic
Last season's finale has really lessened my love for F1. Masi's call was dreadful and I feel that Verstappen's win, while he undoubtedly deserves it, being neck and neck with Hamilton all season, was only won on a technicality.

Hamilton should have had that, and he would have done if Masi's call had been in line with clearly established rules. At least he's gone now, although apparently he resigned, rather than be sacked. Although I think it was more a case of jumping before he was pushed.

Sailboat racing, at least some types, have it right: everyone floats the exact same boat, sails, rigs, etc. It comes down to the person piloting the boat and handling the sails. Car racing needs this. No more "whoever has the most money wins!"

Sailboat racing, at least some types, have it right: everyone floats the exact same boat, sails, rigs, etc. It comes down to the person piloting the boat and handling the sails. Car racing needs this. No more "whoever has the most money wins!"
There's plenty motor racing series out there that offer the same, F1 is probably one of the worst motorsports out there but they can get away with it because it remains popular. I gave up on F1 a long time ago because they've put themselves in a corner with worthless tyres that prevents drivers racing properly, aerodynamics that prevent the cars being near each other and a system which only allows a handful of cars to win consistently. How anyone can watch F1 after the nonsense last year I really don't know.

Lots of great other series out there, I used to be a big fan of MotoGP even though I'm not fussed about motorbikes as the racing was so close but it's pricey to watch in the UK now, My absolutely favourite are the GT3 cars as the rules allow for a wide range of cars, they look and sound fantastic, they use proper tyres and they can really race each other without any dodgy rules to change the championship outcome to suit the narrative.

I'm rooting for anyone who isn't Hamilton. Great win, LeClerc! Red Bull didn't have a very good start to the season.

I'm rooting for anyone who isn't Hamilton. Great win, LeClerc! Red Bull didn't have a very good start to the season.
What’s the matter with Hamilton? I agree with your statement congratulation leclerc though - he is undoubtedly a great driver and is looking like he will be dominating this season.

He's a whiny little something I can't say here and gets away with murder. I've seen him break the rules and get away with it when others get penalized. The announcers gush over him nonstop and he seldom (never?) takes responsibility for losing.

He's a whiny little something I can't say here and gets away with murder. I've seen him break the rules and get away with it when others get penalized. The announcers gush over him nonstop and he seldom (never?) takes responsibility for losing.
That's an accurate description of Verstappen for sure.

when i started this thread ,it was just to see if there were other members ,who had an interest in F1, but unfortunately it has become a place to express unnecessary comments,about individual drivers ,so for that reason i am closing the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard