DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I've got some strangeness going on with my Mini 4 Pro controller

finity

Reactions
I finally got a chance to fly the Mini 4 Pro today for the first time and I noticed something weird and I'm not sure if it's just me or if others have noticed it to.

It's hard to describe (and I don't have an example of a controller screen recording to show it because it really caught me off guard) but in the drone position box at the bottom left of the screen (in map mode) when I was flying around the drone wouldn't stay centered in the window like the Mini 3 Pro did.

There were times that the little blue triangle representing the drone wasn't anywhere in the box at all. I could see the blue track of the drone and the direction back to the HP but the drone itself was far off the screen. Then it would stutter a little and the drone would pop back into the center of the screen.

It seemed like the controller was having issues keeping up with everything going on.

Anyone else seeing this or has seen this?

Which controller are you using?

I haven't noticed this with the RC 2, but will keep an eye out for it. Wouldn't surprise me if there are few things that get ironed out with firmware updates in the coming weeks/months.

I finally got a chance to fly the Mini 4 Pro today for the first time and I noticed something weird and I'm not sure if it's just me or if others have noticed it to.

It's hard to describe (and I don't have an example of a controller screen recording to show it because it really caught me off guard) but in the drone position box at the bottom left of the screen (in map mode) when I was flying around the drone wouldn't stay centered in the window like the Mini 3 Pro did.

There were times that the little blue triangle representing the drone wasn't anywhere in the box at all. I could see the blue track of the drone and the direction back to the HP but the drone itself was far off the screen. Then it would stutter a little and the drone would pop back into the center of the screen.

It seemed like the controller was having issues keeping up with everything going on.

Anyone else seeing this or has seen this?
Just press the icon in left corner of compass once again. I think that is a standard feature, I have been confused by that myself.

Which controller are you using?

RC2
Just press the icon in left corner of compass once again.

Hmm... ok I'll try that when I get a chance.

the strange thing is that it does actually re-center itself every so often. I would think if it's a setting that it would never re-center.

But I'll try it and see. Thanks for the suggestion.

Have you noticed that the red line on the map from the drone to the home point is gone on the mini 4? You used to be able to point the arrow symbol of the drone and follow the ref line home.
Now the is an "H" symbol along the edge of the camera view and by rotation until that H is in the center of the top of the screen, the home point will appear I. The distance and you can fly toward it to get home.

Have you noticed that the red line on the map from the drone to the home point is gone on the mini 4? You used to be able to point the arrow symbol of the drone and follow the ref line home.
Now the is an "H" symbol along the edge of the camera view and by rotation until that H is in the center of the top of the screen, the home point will appear I. The distance and you can fly toward it to get home.

I'm pretty sure that the red line was still there the entire time I was flying even when the drone went off the map screen.

Due to work and weather I still haven't been able to fly again to see if it's just a setting I had misconfigured.

Hopefully in the next few days tho...

You can change the compass/minimap to be centered on you or on the drone, you switch those modes pressing on the icon itself and on the "location" pin around it.

The best and less distracting option is usually to use the compass centered on the drone.

Reactions: finity
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd