Join Us Now

Air 3 Janie’s Corner 🇦🇺

Squidinc

I come from a land “down under”
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtu.be
Janie's Corner is located at Cape Hawke in the northern precinct of Booti Booti National Park on the Barrington Coast. Access is via a dirt road which is more suitable to 4WD vehicles than sedans. Apparently, it got its name from an Irish family that owned land there back in the 1860's. It's isolated and easy here to imagine being marooned on a deserted island. Cape Hawke ends at Janie's Corner where Seven Mile Beach begins its long run south to Pacific Palms. Janie's Corner is one of four tiny beaches at Cape Hawke just around the rocky corner from Seven Mile Beach and can be accessed on foot only from the car park. All four are isolated, rocky and hazardous, so use extreme caution.The largest beach here is 200 metres, wedged between protruding sandstone points with rocks also dominating the northern half. Beach breaks and permanent rips make this a highly hazardous beach. 🏖️ Enjoy!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You guys have all the best sea :) Ours in the UK don't look like that !

Did you write, record and perform that soundtrack, or did AI do it for you ?!!! Oh - just seen the credits !
As much as I dislike that Ai has meant at least 4 musicians, 2 recording engineers and a producer didn't get a job, I can't help but be somewhat blown away by the result, which I have to say - serves its purpose perfectly !

If I may offer an opinion - I think we may have reached the limit of soundtrack appositeness here - after a while it turns a bit into a 'say what you see' type thing, almost to the point of pedantry, which began to irritate me after a while :)
None of which, I have to say detracts from my respect for the effort put into the edit !

Last edited:
Reactions: Squidinc
You guys have all the best sea :) Ours in the UK don't look like that !

Did you write, record and perform that soundtrack, or did AI do it for you ?!!! Oh - just seen the credits !
As much as I dislike that Ai has meant at least 4 musicians, 2 recording engineers and a producer didn't get a job, I can't help but be somewhat blown away by the result, which I have to say - serves its purpose perfectly !

If I may offer an opinion - I think we may have reached the limit of soundtrack appositeness here - after a while it turns a bit into a 'say what you see' type thing, almost to the point of pedantry, which began to irritate me after a while :)
None of which, I have to say detracts from my respect for the effort put into the edit !
Thanks for your input. Firstly yes this track was completely AI generated based upon what I requested for the track ie musical genre, instruments, male or female vocals etc. I am a musician also with albums of my music on Apple Music, Spotify etc. so I understand the impacts, both positive and negative with AI compositions. In my opinion, the soundtrack for our drone videos, can add or subtract a great deal from the overall production. I guess I do also like video footage to sync with the soundtrack, but that is just me.

From a legal perspective I own the copyright to this AI track, which is often an issue for us drone pilots, spending time searching the internet for the right track only to find it unusable without breaking copyright laws. That said, for me it’s a lot of fun to create an AI soundtrack and then edit into the flight!

I am a musician also with albums of my music on Apple Music, Spotify etc. so I understand the impacts, both positive and negative with AI compositions.
Yeah, as a fellow musician you must appreciate as much as I do the sheer amount of time AI is saving here isn't much short of miraculous. I write orchestral film soundtrack type stuff myself, which takes an inordinate amount of time to get up to a standard I am happy with, and it just isn't practical to do it for most videos, though it is nice to be able to 'rise to the occasion', musically as well as aerially when the brilliance of the scenery demands it.

Awesome video! Very well put together and I loved that the video was in sync with the song. Great production!

Reactions: sarahb and Squidinc
Inspired by yours above, my buddy did one for my nearest seaside town. Sorry Portsmouth - you are awful.

Here is 'Salted Memories' by a solo virtual choirboy for anyone that fancies a laugh...

Janie's Corner is located at Cape Hawke in the northern precinct of Booti Booti National Park on the Barrington Coast. Access is via a dirt road which is more suitable to 4WD vehicles than sedans. Apparently, it got its name from an Irish family that owned land there back in the 1860's. It's isolated and easy here to imagine being marooned on a deserted island. Cape Hawke ends at Janie's Corner where Seven Mile Beach begins its long run south to Pacific Palms. Janie's Corner is one of four tiny beaches at Cape Hawke just around the rocky corner from Seven Mile Beach and can be accessed on foot only from the car park. All four are isolated, rocky and hazardous, so use extreme caution.The largest beach here is 200 metres, wedged between protruding sandstone points with rocks also dominating the northern half. Beach breaks and permanent rips make this a highly hazardous beach. 🏖️ Enjoy!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Gorgeous video and sound track to match showing off a not often seen part of our beautiful coastline. Fantastic work, Paul, creating the sound track and editing.

Awesome compilation! Love it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr