Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Jerash,Jordan

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Final images from Jordan
I would up with 5.31 GB of data on my SD card from Friday's shoot at Jerash, Jordan. This is, of course, over 2000 years old, conquered by Nabiteans, then the Greeks, then the Romans, and after that, the Byzantines and the Otttomans. These are some of the most well preserved ruins I have ever seen- it is practically like they just left here a few days ago. Included today are several multi image panoramas of 13 and 16 images stitched in Photoshop. All night Petra images are processed with AI Masking in Photoshop with Topaz Denoise. We are homeward bound.m The circular colonnade in Jerash is a 13 image stitch panorama in Photoshop.

Dale

Attachments

• Temple of Zeus-Jerash,Jordan.jpg
    Temple of Zeus-Jerash,Jordan.jpg
    748.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Hadrian Gate-built to honor Hadrian visit 129AD.jpg
    779.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Circular Collonade 13 exposure.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • Petra night-moonlight on mountain.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Petra hills and stars-.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Petra Stars through canyon roof.jpg
    810.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Petra canyon starry sky.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Petra-Treasury-night-blue w crowd.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Petra-Treasury-candle-lighting-Topaz denoise.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 16
Nice set Dale - looks like you had a fun and productive trip.

One thing to bear in mind with Jerash is that the Jordanian Antiquities Department has done quite a bit of restoration work there. There were a couple of restoration projects in progress when I visited those ruins in 1976.

Petra got hit with a fairly significant earthquake in around 106 AD. The building I was excavating suffered a lot of damage and was never fully rebuilt. The Romans came in at around the same time and did rebuild quite a bit of Petra (the water system in particular) but quite a few of the Nabataean merchants moved up to Jerash to take advantage of the increased trade with the Romans. There was another earthquake in 363 AD that was larger in scale than the one that hit in 106 AD. Petra only partially recovered from that quake but Jerash had better access to water without needing the extensive system the Nabataeans built to make Petra habitable.

Last edited:
Nice set Dale - looks like you had a fun and productive trip.

One thing to bear in mind with Jerash is that the Jordanian Antiquities Department has done quite a bit of restoration work there. There were a couple of restoration projects in progress when I visited those ruins in 1976.

Petra got hit with a fairly significant earthquake in around 106 AD. The building I was excavating suffered a lot of damage and was never fully rebuilt. The Romans came in at around the same time and did rebuild quite a bit of Petra (the water system in particular) but quite a few of the Nabataean merchants moved up to Jerash to take advantage to the increased trade with the Romans. There was another earthquake in 365 AD that was larger in scale than the one that hit in 106AD. Petra only partially recovered from that quake but Jerash had better access to water without needing the extensive system the Nabataeans built to make Petra habitable.
Thanks for th great information Alan. We are presently packing up in our hotel room (Four Seasons Amman) at 5:50 PM and transfer to the airport tomorrow am for the long trek back to Miami via Royal Jordanian to JFK. I am happy with my results - and as usual, I will only be able to us less than a few stills from Jerash because people just cannot look at ruins for very long. My video will be about 20-25 minutes and include 3 weeks of travel including Doha,Dubai,Abu Dhabi, Qasar al Sarab Desert Camp, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and Jordan (Petra-Amman-Jerash).

Believe it or not I am trying to get a final sunset timelapse from there 14th floor of the hotel (my room window).

Thanks again for everything. I expect the video to take me several months. Please send your contact via private conversation if you want to be on the mail list for it.

Dale

Some more great shots, Dale. Thanks for sharing your trip with all us fellow pilot/photographers.

Thanks for th great information Alan. We are presently packing up in our hotel room (Four Seasons Amman) at 5:50 PM and transfer to the airport tomorrow am for the long trek back to Miami via Royal Jordanian to JFK. I am happy with my results - and as usual, I will only be able to us less than a few stills from Jerash because people just cannot look at ruins for very long. My video will be about 20-25 minutes and include 3 weeks of travel including Doha,Dubai,Abu Dhabi, Qasar al Sarab Desert Camp, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and Jordan (Petra-Amman-Jerash).

Believe it or not I am trying to get a final sunset timelapse from there 14th floor of the hotel (my room window).

Thanks again for everything. I expect the video to take me several months. Please send your contact via private conversation if you want to be on the mail list for it.

Dale
Thanks again Dale great pictures, safe journey home.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas