DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Kenya Images with Nikon Z8 and Nikkor 180-600mm

Great photos, I’m impressed! I have a DX 1.5 crop sensor D7000 that I keep to use with my long lenses as it’s better than using a Tele converter as there is much less glass in front of the camera and it doesn’t affect the aperture. I purchased a used newsagency manual focus Nikon 600mm/f4 lens and it is a tank. But with that 600mm lens on a 1.5 DX, it’s equivalent to a 900mm/f4 when using that camera. I would love to compare what you’re getting with your pics with mine, perhaps we can email each other some unedited raw files? I’m just curious to see the difference because I am considering going to Mirrorless. PMed you my contact. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: LoudThunder
How well does the Z8 with noise at 5000 iso?
Here are unedited and edited versions, using Adobe Photoshop masking tools, in Photoshop and Denoise software tools. My images certainly do have a considerable amount of noise the way I was shooting this trip because I put the camera on Shutter Priority, Auto ISO and subsequently, I had to put many images shot in dimmer light through a noise reducing software. I used both ENHANCE in Photoshop as well as Topaz DeNoise and used the minimal noise reduction for each image. First unedited-
straight from the camera. The 2nd image is edited. I mainly concentred on the eyes, nose, and teeth. I find that the Z8 handles most images with minimal noise but with low light or high ISOs,I have to edit with Topaz De Noise or Enhance in Photoshop. See attachments.

Dale

Attachments

• Un-edited. Lion walkingpsd.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • Edited version using Enhance and Topaz DeNoise.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Great cooperative tawny eagle. So I take it you like the 180-600/Z8 combonation?

Great cooperative tawny eagle. So I take it you like the 180-600/Z8 combonation?
In a word..."yes." I'd be happy to explain in detail.

The eagle was far from cooperative. He flew the tree quickly when we drove closer.

I am 85 and have been into Nikon since the Nikon F! My longest held camera was actually two of the same body and lens. Namely, the D750 and 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6. I agonized for years over mirrorless. Now I would never turn back. It depends on what you are photographing. If you are after sports or wildlife the combination of the Z8 and Nikon 180-600mm Highly recommend both! Ask. me anything you want.

Dale

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1