DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 New camera and lens demo

True amazing photos Dale. I’m a Nikon guy also. I’ve always been a sucker for sharpness and these are some of the best I’ve seen. In some cases, like the tiger pacing, there is very narrow depth of field but the eye is still perfectly in focus. Technology has come a LONG way. Enjoy your trip and your new camera.
Yes, Dbez1:

I was happily surprised to put those images on my screen and see the amazing details in the blacks (the monkey and the rhino) and the details in the whites. The images were crisp. I found the shutter response to be very acceptable for me with no delay. I was really expecting a short lag in shutter response as compared to my experience in prior Africa trips with their rented flagship Nikkor 600mm f/4 which responded instantaneously.

Here is the side story, if you care.

I ordered the Nikkor 600mm f/4 rental 6 or 7 months ago to hedge myself to have a long lens in time for the big safari, (of course it weighs 10+ pounds and is like carrying a bazooka onto the small African bush planes).

I ordered the Nikon 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 (4.1 pounds) June 26th on pre-order expecting to receive it in time for the trip but even after calling Nikon in New York repeatedly I got no assurance I would have the lens in time. At the beginning of September I called them urging and pleading to be put on a priority list, and even applied for and was accepted to the NPS (Nikon Professional Service) which qualified me as a professional photographer for sales purposes (priorities in sales and service). Two days after asking to be put on priority I received my notice from Nikon that they were shipping! So I have cancelled the rental (($1250 for 3 weeks) and bought the 180-600 for $1700.00.

So, I am out a net $600.00 for the lens!

I'd recommend that as a Nikon user, if you make any money on your photography whatsoever, to apply for the NPS. The now send me videos on the Z8, etc. And of course, I have priority in orders and service.

Reactions: Dbez1
Dale - very impressive. I shoot with a D800 and a full assortment of lens. Your pics are really great. Thanks for sharing.

Dale - very impressive. I shoot with a D800 and a full assortment of lens. Your pics are really great. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Kjac

I am not giving up my D750. It is my favorites camera and I will continue carrying it along with the Z8. I use the D750 now primarily as a back up and for ALL of my timelapses.

Yes, Dbez1:

I was happily surprised to put those images on my screen and see the amazing details in the blacks (the monkey and the rhino) and the details in the whites. The images were crisp. I found the shutter response to be very acceptable for me with no delay. I was really expecting a short lag in shutter response as compared to my experience in prior Africa trips with their rented flagship Nikkor 600mm f/4 which responded instantaneously.

Here is the side story, if you care.

I ordered the Nikkor 600mm f/4 rental 6 or 7 months ago to hedge myself to have a long lens in time for the big safari, (of course it weighs 10+ pounds and is like carrying a bazooka onto the small African bush planes).

I ordered the Nikon 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 (4.1 pounds) June 26th on pre-order expecting to receive it in time for the trip but even after calling Nikon in New York repeatedly I got no assurance I would have the lens in time. At the beginning of September I called them urging and pleading to be put on a priority list, and even applied for and was accepted to the NPS (Nikon Professional Service) which qualified me as a professional photographer for sales purposes (priorities in sales and service). Two days after asking to be put on priority I received my notice from Nikon that they were shipping! So I have cancelled the rental (($1250 for 3 weeks) and bought the 180-600 for $1700.00.

So, I am out a net $600.00 for the lens!

I'd recommend that as a Nikon user, if you make any money on your photography whatsoever, to apply for the NPS. The now send me videos on the Z8, etc. And of course, I have priority in orders and service.
It sounds like you hit the proverbial gold mine when they put you on the NPS. You’re so far ahead as opposed to rental. Again, enjoy the trip!

Dale,

You sparked my interest and I did some digging around. Seems Nikon struck some kind of deal with Red and is using Reds method of creating raw video files. I found a couple of files for download and tried them out in DR. Wow!! Pretty sweet video footage for sure. That is quite a camera. It's late in the year now but I am thinking strongly about picking one up next year. I'm thinking it with my Ronin RS2 will be a killer combo.

Après avoir résisté aux appareils photo sans miroir pendant des années, j'ai finalement cédé et acheté le Nikon Z8, j'ai supplié Nikon et j'ai finalement reçu la version limitée de leur nouvel objectif 180-600 mm f/5.6-6.3 à temps pour un prochain voyage au Kenya.

Les objectifs Z et 180-600 sont extrêmement complexes, en particulier l'appareil photo Z8 avec des centaines de sélections de menu. Après avoir regardé une tonne de vidéos, j'ai fait ma première excursion aujourd'hui par un dimanche chaud, humide et ensoleillé au zoo de Miami. J'ai testé la précision des éléments suivants et les capacités de mise au point de l'appareil photo et de l'objectif en appliquant l'utilisation recommandée d'une technique appelée « mise au point automatique du bouton retour »). Cela me permet de placer un curseur de mise au point sur le sujet (généralement l'œil), et l'objectif VERROUILLERA l'œil pour la distance et la mise au point et je pourrai tirer. Pour chaque image présentée ici, de nombreuses images ont été jetées.

Tous ces éléments ont également été édités dans Photoshop. En regardant, remarquez les détails des moustaches, des cheveux et des yeux. J'ai été très satisfait de ces résultats. Dans certaines de ces images, l'animal marchait (tigre, vache), mais le curseur maintenait l'œil lorsque la caméra se déplaçait vers
Suivre. (Le lion ne se réveillait pas pour une photo mais remarquait les détails dans les cheveux). La plupart d'entre eux sont tenus à la main à 600 mm !

Commentaires appréciés.

Vallée
waooo super photos et très claire je pense que la dernier
est la meilleur bravo

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas