DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 More Kenya Images

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Here are a few images from today’s editing session. I am about 3/4th of the way through the initial selections and editing. Some good freeze-action from using the 20 fps shutter, and auto ISO auto -Continuous selection. These are around 1/25,000 second. The hyena running with food in its mouth and the cheetah cubs scampering and climbing a tree are all taken with the same technique, previously impossible with the D750. All of these images were shot with the Z8 and 160-600mm lens hand held. Double click to enlarge.
Comments always welcomed.

Dale
Miami

Hyena walking to me.jpg Cheetah on a mound-morning sun.jpgImpala  Alerted close up.jpgLilac Breasted Roller.jpgMom cheetah lying-2 cubs.jpgMom cheetah on a mound with 2 cubs.jpg Here are a few images from today’s editing session. I am about 3/4th of the way through the initial selections and editing. Some good freeze-action from using the 20 fps shutter, and auto ISO auto -Continuous selection. These are around 1/25,000 second. The hyena running with food in its mouth and the cheetah cubs scampering and climbing a tree are all taken with the same technique, previously impossible with the D750. All of these images were shot with the Z8 and 160-600mm lens hand held.

Attachments

• Cheetah mom and three cubs.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Zebras fighting.jpg
    935.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Zebra fight.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • Ostrich.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • Impalas alerted.jpg
    1,007.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Hyena runs with animal head.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • Four zebra rear ends.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • Four cheetah cubs playing.jpg
    1,007.7 KB · Views: 16
All of these pictures just award winning ready for National Geographic .
You are wicked with that Z8 nikon.

All of Dales pictures are worth a download to full size.
CleanShot 2023-11-15 at 00.49.47@2x.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water an Capture Natures best.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
What a trip it must have been. Love the lilac breasted roller-one of my favourite birds. Have been watching bee eaters in Paphos Cyprus recently. Same colours basically just in different places!

What a trip it must have been. Love the lilac breasted roller-one of my favourite birds. Have been watching bee eaters in Paphos Cyprus recently. Same colours basically just in different places!
I DO have some bee eater images that are still waiting to be edited! The Roller does not have yellow colors!

Thank for sharing, Dale. I always enjoy your work. Great job!

Awesome photos! Love them

Fantastic captures as usual! Just in case you would like to see some video from the Z8.....

I DO have some bee eater images that are still waiting to be edited! The Roller does not have yellow colors!
Not sure I agree Dale. I have been to South Africa which I know is well south of where you were and have seen the rollers there-lilac breasted of course. Both species are distributed to Kenya so will throw the issue to my pal in Cyprus who is an expert.

OK Dale, unless I have misunderstood your last answer re rollers not having yellow on them I have had a quiet word with my mate and he confirms the bird is a lilac breasted roller. Can’t wait for more pix and vids.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13