DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jittery video (Dlog-M)

lukasz74nj

Reactions
Hello,

I'm getting somewhat jittery video and I'm not sure if this is related to compression or perhaps a gimbal issue. The attached pictures show 3 consecutive frames of a 4k/30fps video imported into a 4k/30fps timeline in fcpx. You can see that the 1st frame appears on frames 2 and 3 creating a jittery effect.

- ND filter with shutter set to double the frame rate (60)
- Dlog-M mode, default style (0, 0, 0)
- I verified that my memory card (SanDisk Extreme, V30, U3, A2) can sustain writes up to 40 MB/s
- running latest firmware, Mavic 2 Pro.

What could be the reason?

Attachments

• frame-1.png
    frame-1.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 31
  • frame-2.png
    frame-2.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 30
  • frame-3.png
    frame-3.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 28
Please post an example video clip. Very hard to comment on captured stills from video regarding your question.

Sure. How do I attach a large file (~100 MB) here? Do I need to upload to YouTube and share a link? Thanks.

Sure. How do I attach a large file (~100 MB) here? Do I need to upload to YouTube and share a link? Thanks.
Upload it to YouTube and post the “share” link as copy pasted text... don’t use the “attach files” button. Note that YouTube may take a couple of hours to have the vid in 4K... before that it is lower resolution.

Reactions: E90RAW
Upload it to YouTube and post the “share” link as copy pasted text... don’t use the “attach files” button. Note that YouTube may take a couple of hours to have the vid in 4K... before that it is lower resolution.

Actually, I figured this out. I was using the Optical Flow for the Video Quality (in fcpx), which introduced these artifacts. In fact, first I slowed down the video to 80% (to get 24fps) - which itself didn't degrade the quality. Only after I changed the Video Quality setting the video become degraded. Looks like it is not always the best setting.

All retiming processes in Final Cut will introduce some problematic artifacts when slowing down footage from the original frame rates. Speeding the footage up generally works better. I always shoot at the highest frame rates possible when I think I will need slow motion.

Reactions: E90RAW
Hello. I just got the Air 2 combo with the smart controller and I am a newbie. The video feed on the smart controller is really jittery. I don’t believe I changed any settings just plain factory settings just for my first test flight.

would appreciate any suggestions….

TY

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242