DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

John's review of DJI Goggles with Mavic

I made a mount to hold readers in the goggles so when I flip them up I can see. See the attached Pic's. I bought a Under Armor fitted hat and wear it backwards. The inner band on the hat gives just the correct amount of resistance to keep the goggles in place. I can flip them up and down with one hand and the stay in place. Hope this helps.
A question about the hat. I tried a few hats I have including one without a back strap. You are right, they definitely stabilize the goggles, however they all jam into my forehead so hard that after 5 minutes I have a red mark which continues to feel irritated afterwards.

Is the Under Armor "fitted hat" something different, thinner, smoother, etc?

Yes it has no adjusting buckle or snaps & a thick and soft comfortable inner band. I tried a few different hats and the Under Armor was the most comfortable to me. this is the hat I purchased. Not saying it is perfect for everyone but it is for me. I'm lucky enough to have a Under Armor outlet store very close to where I live. So was able to try all of them. They did have many that I thought would work well.
Men's UA Printed Blitzing Stretch Fit Cap | Under Armour US

i do not see any mention of a map with the goggles.
So just to confirm, RTH functions in relation to take off point and controller but there is no view of a map with the goggles?

Thanks Goose.
I realize the back of the goggle strap is supposed to be at an angle under the occipital ridge on the back of the head. Maybe I just don't have enough ridge. ;-)
The hat idea suggested by "JTUS" sounds interesting.

I had this problem to start with, but found that by placing the goggles over my eyes first, then lowering the back over my head and tightening the adjuster works well. Don't try and put them on with goggles up or they won't fit securely and wobble about when you lower them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS