DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Joining video files

RSD1982

Reactions
So, I’m sure this is covered in the forum but I can’t find it.
I have windows 11 and multiple video files cut to 5m23s by file size restrictions.
I want to join, cut and subtitle videos.

Is there a decent free video editor out there you guys can recommend or do I need to pay? If so, what’s best? I like simple to use software right now as I’m new to editing and sharing captured footage.

Thanks for any responses.

Da Vinci Resolve is free and full featured but it does come with a learning curve. Black Magic Design has their own video tutorials as well as a 3500 page pdf that describes it all in detail. There are also other tutorials on You Tube for specific things within Resolve.

ShotCut is free.
I don't think any of they are really easy to learn, so pick the one you and and just take your time to learn how to use it. Free is fine unless you really want to do complex edits.

Resolve is free, and has all the power you need for now and in the future. It easily allows joining DJI fragmented files. I have done it many times. It also allows you to cement them together into a single composite clip for future editing.

As others have mentioned, it has a fairly long learning curve before the rewards overbalance the hassle of learning.

So, I’m sure this is covered in the forum but I can’t find it.
I have windows 11 and multiple video files cut to 5m23s by file size restrictions.
I want to join, cut and subtitle videos.

Is there a decent free video editor out there you guys can recommend or do I need to pay? If so, what’s best? I like simple to use software right now as I’m new to editing and sharing captured footage.

Thanks for any responses.
lossless-cut
Combine audio and video tracks from separate recordings

Reactions: RSD1982
Resolve is free, and has all the power you need for now and in the future. It easily allows joining DJI fragmented files. I have done it many times. It also allows you to cement them together into a single composite clip for future editing.

As others have mentioned, it has a fairly long learning curve before the rewards overbalance the hassle of learning.
Resolve is also computer "resource intensive".

OpenShot is good. Like most others, it takes a bit of learning. It works well on Windows 10.
Edit, clip, join, speed control, titles, music, etc

My best suggestion is called Shutter Encoder Shutter Encoder free professional video|audio|image converter I made this screenshot to show how easy it is, browse and add the files, change the function to merge, then start the function and it does it beautifully. Works really good for 265 to 264 (because 265 is still a pain to edit seriously) and youtube/video site downloads.

shutter1.jpg

Reactions: smbishop
Reactions: Jug's Life
My best suggestion is called Shutter Encoder Shutter Encoder free professional video|audio|image converter I made this screenshot to show how easy it is, browse and add the files, change the function to merge, then start the function and it does it beautifully. Works really good for 265 to 264 (because 265 is still a pain to edit seriously) and youtube/video site downloads.

View attachment 160135
I've just used this to join my videos together. Couldn't be simpler! Thank you!
If anyone else is tempted to try this and is put off by the Windows security warnings, don't be. The programme isn't digitally signed but I seqarched for reviews online and scanned the instaler package with antivirus software and neither reported issues.

Reactions: Jug's Life
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown