DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Juddering Pano 360

Arve

Reactions
I try to do a 360 video with Mavic air. Used Polarpro ND4PL. 4K25fps 1/50 shutter.
But it get very very juddering. What can I do next time to get a better result.

Try a 8 or 16 filter to slow the shutter speed a bit more. The 4 filter is good for overcast or other low-light situations.

Now is shutter dobbel of framerate. So go down to 1/25 will help?

You don't want to slow your shutter down below 1/50, everything is going to be very soft/blurry, especially the closer items and especially if you are turning that fast. 1/25 is VERY slow and I would not recommend it.

Also, using a PL filter and turning the drone is going to give you poor results - if you are going to use a PL you need a very specific flight plan in a single direction (relative to the sun), otherwise you get wildly different polarization every time you move the drone. Using a PL and doing 360's is literally the worst possible implementation of a PL and completely counters it's intended effect - just stick to a normal ND if 360's are in your flight plan.

What micro SD card are you using exactly? It needs to have a minimum sustained write speed of more than 12.5MB/s to avoid frame drops.

Also, does the RAW footage look like that or just after it gets compressed and uploaded to YouTube? YouTube always makes it worse. Viewing the RAW footage on my PC is always smoother than anything I have ever uploaded to YouTube.

Reactions: mrparish
Thanks. I use Samsung Evo microSDXC Class 10 UHS-I U3 64GB (100MB/s).
Yes the raw footage (mp4 file out of drone) is same bad juddering. I`know polarization changing when turning. But I think it will juddering without PL filter.
What are you doing to get at good 360 pano? Maybe higher fps will help. Going from PAL 25fps to NTFS 30fps. Or 2.7K 60fps?

Thanks. I use Samsung Evo microSDXC Class 10 UHS-I U3 64GB (100MB/s).
Yes the raw footage (mp4 file out of drone) is same bad juddering. I`know polarization changing when turning. But I think it will juddering without PL filter.
What are you doing to get at good 360 pano? Maybe higher fps will help. Going from PAL 25fps to NTFS 30fps. Or 2.7K 60fps?

OK it's not your memory card, the "U3" designation on it indicates it has a minimum sustained write speed of at least 30MB/s.

The PL has nothing to do with the juddering - that was just a comment/suggestion.

60FPS (1/120 shutter) will give you smoother footage, you could try that and see if it helps. Also make sure if you are doing the 360 manually with the left control stick that you are VERY smooth, not moving it at all during the 360, that could be another factor.

Is it possible to do a 360 automatic. Use a different mode?

The drone can do a 360 degree photo automatically, but I do not believe it can do so in video. The automatic modes are more geared towards cinematic effect (with a few fun ones like asteroid thrown in), and just rotating the drone 360 is not something you would typically need done automatically (not that you shouldn't do it - just that I think that's why it isn't a pre-set maneuver).

You could also try put the drone in tripod mode, which slows and smooths the drone's movements.

Then I tried Photo Panorama Sphere. What's software do you use for stitching this DNG together? I tried with Lightroom CC 2018. But the results looks bad. After I got the picture I want to import it to Adobe Premiere. How can I here make it to look like I do a 360 turn.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman