DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jumpy live view

sberfield

Reactions
I use a galaxy tab A 8". When flying, the live view in DJI Fly is so choppy that I can't reliably line up anything.

Anyone else seeing this? Is the Tab-A just too underpowered?

Lots of discussion on this already. Yes, it's under powered, some people live with it, I couldn't.

I'm am a very new pilot, but I had a question about the settings in the Transmission tab of HD vs Smooth and learned that they refered to the video transmission between the controller and the aircraft.

As explained: "When the setting is in HD, the video feed to your phone is 1080p. If you happen to start to get a weak signal, you might notice that the image stutters a little. Changing this setting to Smooth will lower the video transmission to 720p which is easier for the drone to transmit to your phone, so this might "smooth out" the video feed to your phone. Neither will have any effect on the video recording to the SD card."

So on to your issue, have you tried the Smooth setting? Thinking that if your tablet/phone is a little under-powered this might help.

Reactions: kjcbid54
I'm am a very new pilot, but I had a question about the settings in the Transmission tab of HD vs Smooth and learned that they refered to the video transmission between the controller and the aircraft.

As explained: "When the setting is in HD, the video feed to your phone is 1080p. If you happen to start to get a weak signal, you might notice that the image stutters a little. Changing this setting to Smooth will lower the video transmission to 720p which is easier for the drone to transmit to your phone, so this might "smooth out" the video feed to your phone. Neither will have any effect on the video recording to the SD card."

So on to your issue, have you tried the Smooth setting? Thinking that if your tablet/phone is a little under-powered this might help.

THanks for this - I hadn't noticed that. WIll definitely give it a try. Thanks!

I can't see any difference between "HD" and "Smooth" so I just leave the setting at "Smooth". Having a reliable video feed, without any hiccups, is more important than video quality in the FLY app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan