DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jumpy, skipping video while flying

nyknba

Reactions
While I’m flying the video really skips, stutters, and is jumpy. Even though this shouldn’t matter, I thought maybe because I was shooting in 4K and 2.7k so I tried lowering and it still happens. I even went out and bought a new memory card (San disk extreme pro vs the San disk extreme I was using) but that also didn’t help. I also tried turning off the video cache to the phone and also didn’t help. Any suggestions?

Quick Example of footage from yesterday
Dropbox - IMG_8277.TRIM.MOV

Last edited:
While I’m flying the video really skips, stutters, and is jumpy. Even though this shouldn’t matter, I thought maybe because I was shooting in 4K and 2.7k so I tried lowering and it still happens. I even went out and bought a new memory card (San disk extreme pro vs the San disk extreme I was using) but that also didn’t help. I also tried turning off the video cache to the phone and also didn’t help. Any suggestions?

I had this issue once it was not during flight but while I was playing my footage over Apple TV wirelessly. Turned out only to be the connection from the two devices. So maybe again in your case it may be a communication latency issue between the drone and controller/ display.
How far out where you?
Did you notice your signal strengths at the time you noticed the skipping? Was there hi voltage power lines or radio towers or anything else you may of been flying to closely that might have been putting out strong RFI and or other interference?
Wish I could help but like I said if you figure this out let us all know what the issue was and your fix as I’m sure you are NOT the only one to experience it or others may in the further.

I had this issue once it was not during flight but while I was playing my footage over Apple TV wirelessly. Turned out only to be the connection from the two devices. So maybe again in your case it may be a communication latency issue between the drone and controller/ display.
How far out where you?
Did you notice your signal strengths at the time you noticed the skipping? Was there hi voltage power lines or radio towers or anything else you may of been flying to closely that might have been putting out strong RFI and or other interference?
Wish I could help but like I said if you figure this out let us all know what the issue was and your fix as I’m sure you are NOT the only one to experience it or others may in the further.

Thanks. I wasn’t far out at all. Maybe 250 feet directly above me. I didn’t notice the signal strength but I don’t know why it would be weak being so close. Any others have any suggestions? Thanks

Is this from the SD card or the cache on your phone? If from the cache on your device then what device are you using and did you check compatibility. A lot of "cheaper" devices cannot handle DJI GO 4 properly especially when you have a multitude of back ground apps running. This will cause the video on your device to "stutter"

Kill all running apps. Turn back on the video cache.
For the later versions of the Go app, you need at least 2 gb ram. And make sure you are using a data transfer type cable from the bottom of the controller to your device. Not all cable are created "equal"...

IF your device is a tablet, you might try to wipe it and restore it to factory release, then just load the Go app and see how it works.

You can also find earlier version of the Go app here:

DJI GO 4 for Android - APK Download

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan