DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just a comment... bought the low noise props for my Mavic Pro

davidkmcw

Reactions
I had forgotten about the credit that I had on my DJI account since buying my Mavic a year and a half ago, so I decided to go ahead and buy the low noise propellers. The results of my exhaustive testing seem to show and approx 5dB noise reduction with no obvious reduction in battery life or performance that I could see.

I basically, sat on my deck with the Mavic about 1.5m away, and monitored the volume using a sound meter app that I downloaded from the Google Play store. I started the Mavic and brought it up to a height of about 1m, firstly with my existing, albeit used but not abused original props, then did the same using brand new, fresh out of the box low noise props.

Well that's about it...

*** Just my own observation, I have no skin in the game ***

Last edited:
Reactions: ArranEye
Old props ~51dB, new props ~46dB

I had forgotten about the credit that I had on my DJI account since buying my Mavic a year and a half ago, so I decided to go ahead and buy the low noise propellers. The results of my exhaustive testing seem to show and approx 5dB noise reduction with no obvious reduction in battery life or performance that I could see.

I basically, sat on my deck with the Mavic about 1.5m away, and monitored the volume using a sound meter app that I downloaded from the Google Play store. I started the Mavic and brought it up to a height of about 1m, firstly with my existing, albeit used but not abused original props, then did the same using brand new, fresh out of the box low noise props.

Well that's about it...

*** Just my own observation, I have no skin in the game ***
I had loads of camera vibrations really bad when I put the quiet props on my Mavic.

I seen a few YouTube videos saying you have to turn the gain settings down from 100 till the vibrations go away.

Planning on trying a few Spotlight shots this evening, so we'll see what transpires after that

Found this...

What settings are people using to fix this problem?
The gain setting in the advanced setting in the go 4 app

Here's a pic and this fixed the gimble vibrations errors and the camera shaking itself to death hahaha Screenshot_20180712-205244.jpeg

I bought a set a few months ago. They don’t appear too much quieter to me but the noise theybmake seems more desirable and less high pitched thsn the stock props.

Also, I find them more efficient as I can get more total distance per battery out of the new props during testing.

One More little tidbit, mavic max weight lifting ability is increased by a few ounces with the quiet props.

Reactions: bbooty
I bought the low noise props and only used them once. I saw a youtube video showing that the props can contact the mavic body and make wear marks on it. Now they forever sit in the mavics box.

I bought the low noise props and only used them once. I saw a youtube video showing that the props can contact the mavic body and make wear marks on it. Now they forever sit in the mavics box.
You ought to try them. I've been flying mine for months and they work great, no marks. If they are genuine DJI props there should be no problems.

Reactions: Clinton1 and MAVA4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+