DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just a comment... bought the low noise props for my Mavic Pro

I’ve run them on my MAV pro over here for about 140kms of flight with no issues until recently when i started to get the gimbal vibration but only while hovering and only with a breeze (when I was getting footage of some whales here). Definitely prop related as I swapped back to the stock ones and it went away - noisier now though of course. I’m still wondering why it started doing this now and a second set of unused platinums was the same. The only thing I have done is oil the props at the axle/ where the blade attaches

Time to try those gain settings above I want my platinum props back on again

I've noticed that the pitch is much less irritating (not a swarm of angry bees) and they're a little quieter on a Radio Shack sound meter (a few db).
Haven't encountered any issues using them.

I got the gimbal issues (as noted in previous posts) with the "quiet" props and assumed they were knock-offs....went back to the DJI Mav standards it seemed to fix the problem.....But then after careful examination of resin type, physical and deflection, pivot pin installation and went with the theory that they were knock-offs.....I purchased Real...DJI (more expensive) 'noise reduced' props and the unstable stationary behavior and gimbal warnings went away. Now, 'after-it-therefore-because of it' thinking may be working here....but I fly with the 'LowNoise' props and everything is just zippy....AKA no problems.

I’ve run them on my MAV pro over here for about 140kms of flight with no issues until recently when i started to get the gimbal vibration but only while hovering and only with a breeze (when I was getting footage of some whales here). Definitely prop related as I swapped back to the stock ones and it went away - noisier now though of course. I’m still wondering why it started doing this now and a second set of unused platinums was the same. The only thing I have done is oil the props at the axle/ where the blade attaches

Time to try those gain settings above I want my platinum props back on again
There in lies your problem, do NOT OIL the props. They should be firm enough in the axel to support the blade when held on its edge. If the blade drops then it's too loose and time to replace. By oiling you have made them too loose creating the problem and risking blade of self destruction at hinge joint..

Reactions: Chaser
Just grabbed a set of genuine ones from a shop here and yes either something has changed significantly regarding the material being used OR those ones I bought from Tomtop last year are fakes.I'm going with the fake option lol. They are much softer and alot more flexible than the real DJI items but apart from that I can't see anything obvious that stands out as a clone

Last time I fall for that but yes they did cover some ground

The Chinese just love their ABS plastic...it is a good utility resin...BUT...if it is in contact with petroleum lubricant....it WILL fail and in a relatively short period of time. If you feel a need to 'lubricate' the pins (not sure why)...use only silicone lubricant!! A prop failure, while in flight at altitude, assures a crash and an expenditure of 'CASH'.

I did it after looking at a ..........YouTube clip, illogical really as they would have been lubricated from factory if it were meant to be. The first set of props had just worn out in reality I guess
The new props are much stiffer no lube going near them. Looking more closely there are a few differences

This is the clearest description I have found so far on what changes in dB readings actually mean for how normal hearing humans PERCEIVE the loudness change.

How many decibels (dB) change is double, half, or four times as loud?
How many dB to appear twice as loud (two times)?
Here are all the different ratios.
Ratio means "how many times" or "how much" ... Doubling of loudness.

Db Level PERCEIVED Volume Change (Loudness)
(for a normal hearing human)

+40 dB 16 X louder
+30 dB 8 X louder
+20 dB 4 X louder
+10 dB 2 X louder
+6 dB 1.52 X louder
+3 dB 1.23 X louder

±0 dB - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

−3 dB 0.816 times as loud
−6 dB 0.660 times as loud
−10 dB 0.5 1/2 as loud
−20 dB 0.25 1/4 as loud
−30 dB 0.125 1/8th as loud
−40 dB 0.0625 1/16th as loud

Reactions: Niblett
And...for those of us with some hearing loss....this is not much of an issue....but, even with hearing impairment…..I can hear the difference.
Maybe we gain an insignificantly small increase in battery usage with the 'quieter' props. A tempest in a tea pot unless the 'quieter' props cause gimbal issues...hence....funky video.

I had a set for a few months but they are very flimsy. My drone just fell over on its side, on my desk and it cracked both props on that side. I did not have any of the other issues mentioned here with performance or vibrations

I have 2 sets of DJI low noise props and have had no issues with gimble shake. They are also quieter than the stock props. I will only use low noise from now on.

New genuine low noise props fitted and it’s happy days once again, stay away from the fakes for sure.
Originally I was certain the props I had were genuine but it’s turned out not to be the case at all. If the props people have are soft/flimsy in some way then I’d say these are not genuine despite being marketed as DJI low noise props from online china/eBay outlets.
The gimbal sits amazingly still now and I’ll see how it goes with some long range flights soon

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa