DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just a funny fact about the Mavic Mini Battery

Michael Newark

Reactions
What does our Mavic Mini have in common with a Formula E race car?

...the source of power !!!!
Both are running on 18650 LI Battery cells ! The only difference: The Mini runs on 2 of them, and the Formula E race car has a pack of aprox. 6500 of them !! (the pack weights about 400 kg) ( no joke...I'm working for Lucid Motors and we build the batteries for Formula E !):DThumbswayup

Have a good flight !

Interesting, welcome to the forum. Thumbswayup

Would be nice if you could just pop them out of your race car and into the Mini - Unfortunately DJI wants to profit from their batteries also (Think Inkjket cartridges of the Drone world, only the drone's dont cost $5 like the printers do).

Thank you for the information. That is cool to know.

They are a very widely used battery cell form factor. 18mm (0.70in) diameter, 65mm (2.56in)length. (18mm65mm0)

A lot of power tool manufacturers also use the 18650 cells (Ryobi, DeWalt, Milwaukee, etc) for 18V+ power variants. Dyson also use them in their stick vac's, etc.

Tesla also use the 18650 form factor in their cars and power-walls..

Before the most recent generations of computers a heap of manufacturers used them in battery packs for laptops, Dell, HP, Toshiba, etc.. That's where I source 18650 cells from to be re-used/given a second life.

Also the infamous spontaneous combustion "Hoverboard" recreational toys used them also.. that's predominantly where Li-Ion cells got a bad rep, being used in conjunction with crappy battery management systems that would not properly protect the cells from over/under charging or limiting current draw during use.

Reactions: JS1600
What does our Mavic Mini have in common with a Formula E race car?

...the source of power !!!!
Both are running on 18650 LI Battery cells ! The only difference: The Mini runs on 2 of them, and the Formula E race car has a pack of aprox. 6500 of them !! (the pack weights about 400 kg) ( no joke...I'm working for Lucid Motors and we build the batteries for Formula E !):DThumbswayup

Have a good flight !
Awesome! I use to build the cells for formula e cars, seasons 1 thru 4

Would you sell me a couple? DJI’s stock of battery’s is 0. I wonder why Since so many companies are using them?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CtrlAltDlt