DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just added a Mavic Pro to my fleet of r/c and gps guided aircraft

Jerry Normandin

Reactions
Hi,

I fly multiple r/c and GPS guided aircraft. I am member of an R/C club and our airfield is hosted on a dairy farm near a river inlet and the coastline. It's an awesome place to fly. My favorite GPS guided drone was my Parrot Disco. She flew over 50mph and had a 45 minute flight time. Recently Parrot grounded Disco with a bad firmware update to the skycontroller. I added the Mavic Pro to my fleet because of the 30 minute flight time, 4k video, and 30mph flight speeds. The initial maiden flight went well, out to the river inlet, then out to the coastline.
Here's a list of what I currently fly:
Quadcopters:
Scratch built 550mm Quad with Multiwi controller
3DR Solo with FPVLR antenna
Parrot Bebop2
Autel EVO
EMAX Tinyhawk S
DJI Phantom I
DJI Mavic Pro

Fixed Wings:
Parrot Disco
RMRC Recruit, RunCAM 2 1080p 60fps, FrSky receiver with telemetry
RMRC Mini Recruit, RunCAM Nano SplitCAM 1080p 60fps,FrSky receiver with telemetry
Zohd Nano Talon with Sparky Flight controller & GPS running INAV 2.5.1, RunCAM 2 4k, Cricket VTX, FrSky receiver with telemetry
Arrows Bigfoot, Frsky with telemetry .. bare knuckles, no flight computer
Eflight Nite Radian, Spektrum receiver with telemetry
Efight UMX Radian , Spectrum receiver with telemetry
Volantex Ranger 1600, RunCAM mini 1080p 60fps, Cricket VTX, Frsky, Aura 5 Light flight controller ( used when shooting video )

I like to fly multiple aircraft. I also got a deal on the Epson BT-300 goggles so I bought them. I hacked it to support Parrot, the controls with the Mavic Pro can be cumbersome with the goggles. An example is when you select launch with the Goggle touchpad.. you tend to swipe the DJI GO 4 app off the screen. If it was running a normal version of android I would have to hit the square or O first. An app full screen "should" be locked in place. Once used to the quirks of the Epson Goggles it is much better than using standard FPV Goggles..... well as long as you don't have to hit the DJI GO 4 launch Icon. The only other issue is the application nagging to update and update the Do Not Fly Zone database. It's a PITA. I fly in a remote location and fly out of my club's airfield. What I do like about the Mavic is it's ability to fly well in 15mph winds with gusts up to 25mph. Not an issue. The Mavic Pro tilts enough to sustain 30mph against the wind. Not so with my Autel EVO. My EVO will only achieve @ 17mph against the wind, and that's with the forward tilt maximized in ludicrous mode. What I do like about Autel is the application does not nag you to update.

The video I recorded with the Mavic Pro is awesome and compensated for the nagging from the DJI app. It will even look better when I tweak the YAW speed.

I do not like to fly with a a fresh update. My fly field is 45 minutes from my house. When I get to the location I want to just fly and hang around with my wife and other club members.

I'll post a link to the video soon.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find support and advise here. We look forward to your contribution and your view of the world.

Wow, that is way more free time than I have. I am a bit jealous.

Hi,

I fly multiple r/c and GPS guided aircraft. I am member of an R/C club and our airfield is hosted on a dairy farm near a river inlet and the coastline. It's an awesome place to fly. My favorite GPS guided drone was my Parrot Disco. She flew over 50mph and had a 45 minute flight time. Recently Parrot grounded Disco with a bad firmware update to the skycontroller. I added the Mavic Pro to my fleet because of the 30 minute flight time, 4k video, and 30mph flight speeds. The initial maiden flight went well, out to the river inlet, then out to the coastline.
Here's a list of what I currently fly:
Quadcopters:
Scratch built 550mm Quad with Multiwi controller
3DR Solo with FPVLR antenna
Parrot Bebop2
Autel EVO
EMAX Tinyhawk S
DJI Phantom I
DJI Mavic Pro

Fixed Wings:
Parrot Disco
RMRC Recruit, RunCAM 2 1080p 60fps, FrSky receiver with telemetry
RMRC Mini Recruit, RunCAM Nano SplitCAM 1080p 60fps,FrSky receiver with telemetry
Zohd Nano Talon with Sparky Flight controller & GPS running INAV 2.5.1, RunCAM 2 4k, Cricket VTX, FrSky receiver with telemetry
Arrows Bigfoot, Frsky with telemetry .. bare knuckles, no flight computer
Eflight Nite Radian, Spektrum receiver with telemetry
Efight UMX Radian , Spectrum receiver with telemetry
Volantex Ranger 1600, RunCAM mini 1080p 60fps, Cricket VTX, Frsky, Aura 5 Light flight controller ( used when shooting video )

I like to fly multiple aircraft. I also got a deal on the Epson BT-300 goggles so I bought them. I hacked it to support Parrot, the controls with the Mavic Pro can be cumbersome with the goggles. An example is when you select launch with the Goggle touchpad.. you tend to swipe the DJI GO 4 app off the screen. If it was running a normal version of android I would have to hit the square or O first. An app full screen "should" be locked in place. Once used to the quirks of the Epson Goggles it is much better than using standard FPV Goggles..... well as long as you don't have to hit the DJI GO 4 launch Icon. The only other issue is the application nagging to update and update the Do Not Fly Zone database. It's a PITA. I fly in a remote location and fly out of my club's airfield. What I do like about the Mavic is it's ability to fly well in 15mph winds with gusts up to 25mph. Not an issue. The Mavic Pro tilts enough to sustain 30mph against the wind. Not so with my Autel EVO. My EVO will only achieve @ 17mph against the wind, and that's with the forward tilt maximized in ludicrous mode. What I do like about Autel is the application does not nag you to update.

The video I recorded with the Mavic Pro is awesome and compensated for the nagging from the DJI app. It will even look better when I tweak the YAW speed.

I do not like to fly with a a fresh update. My fly field is 45 minutes from my house. When I get to the location I want to just fly and hang around with my wife and other club members.

I'll post a link to the video soon.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929