DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just bought a Mavic pro

KEEP READING.. That manual the mavic does have that mode it's called course lock!!!
Thanks for that. I had put tracking and other stuff to the back of my list whilst I learnt how to handle it and get rid of my blade 350 muscle memory. May not need to now.

Update:
Its not the same as the trainer mode in the blade 350. Course lock orientates itself towards the nose of the aircraft. The mode in the blade disregards anything, left is left, right is right, away is away and towards is towards. Course lock doesn't work like that. Close, but no cigar.
Moot point now, I have decided that as I have upped my quad and had my trial by fire then I should learn to fly it properly, which means I can then fly any quad.
I'm about dialled in. No sport or stunt flying, with the fantastic battery life I can afford to go slow.

Last edited:
I think your old bird has headless mode .
It don’t matter where it’s pointed because the bird goes the direction of stick movement on the controller.
I think headless mode is good for a child but adults should learn how to fly a non-gps controlled bird . That way when stuff hits the fan the quad comes home .

I think your old bird has headless mode .
It don’t matter where it’s pointed because the bird goes the direction of stick movement on the controller.
I think headless mode is good for a child but adults should learn how to fly a non-gps controlled bird . That way when stuff hits the fan the quad comes home .
On my first flight the stuff hit the fan, see earlier in this thread. I had no gps and brought it in. Karma god smiled on me that day.

Welcome to the club! I don't know about the price but you will also need to buy a good set of ND filters to get quality video.
Purchased a set of the neweer 4 set. I have used their stuff before and its very good.
Thanks for the heads up.

So been on the fence deciding between the air and the pro for some time.

Decided that the slightly larger aircraft,extra range and more solid reception sold it for me.

Was going to wait for the Mavic Pro 2/ Mavic 2 but looking at prices I think it may be slightly out my price range as I’m guessing it would be around £1500 with fly more like the mpp.

Got the Mavic Pro for £995 fly more and is being delivered Saturday.
Is this a decent price?

Anyone else done the same?

Thanks

Did exactly the same thing. £995 fly more + dji care + nd filters.
Now i need to upgrade my mac so i can edit the 4k vids myself without using some cloud solution.... it is expensive .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
activmonk