DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just curious – what made you fixed wing guys get into drones?

Thanks for the responses. It seems like most went to drones for photo/video reasons with a few saying it is more relaxing. All are interesting, keep them coming.

Reactions: BigAl07
I didn't move from fixed wing to drones, I expanded my love of flying things and photography from just fixed wing aircraft and a 35mm camera to include camera equipped drones. I have now expanded that even further and am learning how to fly quads FPV style. Each has it's own attractions. It is a heck of a buzz bringing a big EDF jet in for a low pass at full throttle and it is a heck of a buzz getting that great aerial shot or video and now I am looking forward to being able to cut it up among trees flying FPV and a sporty 3" quad. Close your mind, close your life. These are all such different hobbies and I think I am pretty lucky being able to enjoy all of them.

I’m assuming the fixed wing takes much more skill.
Flying fixed wing can be considerably more difficult than a Mavic. And flying helicopters is many times more challenging than the fixed wings. I also still fly control line planes from time to time, which is another different skill set. They all can be loads of fun.

I've recently gotten into 3D printing.

20200412_192908.jpg

I didn't move from fixed wing to drones, I expanded my love of flying things and photography from just fixed wing aircraft and a 35mm camera to include camera equipped drones. I have now expanded that even further and am learning how to fly quads FPV style. Each has it's own attractions. It is a heck of a buzz bringing a big EDF jet in for a low pass at full throttle and it is a heck of a buzz getting that great aerial shot or video and now I am looking forward to being able to cut it up among trees flying FPV and a sporty 3" quad. Close your mind, close your life. These are all such different hobbies and I think I am pretty lucky being able to enjoy all of them.
Beautifully written!

For me, a medical condition prevents me from getting a medical Anymore. Now I enjoy it as a flying camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spshow