DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just curious, what is the gimbal dance like at boot?

Wouldn't that be the "Cali Dance?" I always thought of the "gimble dance" as the calibration/boot the camera goes through upon a cold boot.
Well I’ve never heard the gimble dance. I’ve seen calibrate the gimble which you do in the app. Maybe I just misunderstood what you asked. When I’ve seen the dance it was to calibrate the compass.🤷‍♂️

When you power up other DJI drones, the gimbal does a check to confirm its range of motion. I think the OP is asking whether the M3P does it, too.
🤷‍♂️ Maybe his title of the thread confused me.

because of the way the gimbal is mounted to the drone ,the start up dance ,where the gimbal goes through a motion check, and to see if anything is obstructing any of the stepper motors preventing them from keeping the camera aligned when the drone is moving about,is different on the Mini 3, the self test range of movement does appear different to other mavics on power up

because of the way the gimbal is mounted to the drone ,the start up dance ,where the gimbal goes through a motion check, and to see if anything is obstructing any of the stepper motors preventing them from keeping the camera aligned when the drone is moving about,is different on the Mini 3, the self test range of movement does appear different to other mavics on power up
The dance is what through me. We’ve always referred that to the compass dance. 360 level then 360 up or down depending
on what model. Had never heard of a gimbal dance.

• Love
Reactions: old man mavic
@dirkclod hi Dc, thats what this forum is so wonderful for, we are never to old to learn new things, perhaps we should rename it the( gimbal start up dance)

@dirkclod hi Dc, thats what this forum is so wonderful for, we are never to old to learn new things, perhaps we should rename it the( gimbal start up dance)
Think I’m to old to answer some of of these questions 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: old man mavic
I was asking how much movement the gimbal goes through during its testing at boot. My mavic 2 pro moves a lot, the Mavic mini not so much especially in yaw.
With the ground clearance of the Mini 3 being so restricted I was wondering if there is enough clearance for it to boogie?

I was asking how much movement the gimbal goes through during its testing at boot. My mavic 2 pro moves a lot, the Mavic mini not so much especially in yaw.
With the ground clearance of the Mini 3 being so restricted I was wondering if there is enough clearance for it to boogie?
If there is not enough ground clearance, Mini 3 owners will find out in a hurry! 😉

Thank you.
That's one HECK of a vicious twitch around 5 seconds, 2-3 frames between down and level. It might be an idea to set the ginbal horizontal before pressing the power button.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure